In Sunday School this year we worked really hard to help the kids learn the Books of the Bible. Here is an overview of all the fun hands on books of the Bible games, bulletin board, and super cute and yummy Bible snack we had as we worked to Learn the Books of the Bible. This is fun for kindergarten, first graders, 2nd graders, 3rd graders, and 4th graders too.
Teaching the Books of the Bible
As we kicked off our year in Sunday School we made these super cute Bible Snacks, had a Books of the Bible Bulletin board, and had lots of fun books of the bible games for kids to play as they learned the 66 books of the Bible in order. I just love getting kids excited about learning God’s word and helping plant seeds that will grow in their lives.
These ideas are perfect for teaching kindergarteners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, and grade 4 students.
To kick start our year in a really fun, memorable way I made these Books of the Bible Snacks.
They are made out of apple Newton cookies with a fruit by the foot tassel, and icing to make the book top.
The kids LOVED them!
Bible themed snacks
It is easiest to make these like an assembly line. Do step 1 for all cookies, then step 2 for all cookies, etc. First cut off one of the sides (so you can see the pages on three sides of the cookie). Next use kitchen scissors to cut a tassel out of red fruit roll-up. Now use a knife to gently push the tassel into the bottom of the cookie. Finally, use icing to put a cross & edges on the Bible cookie.
Note: They are a little time consuming. I had to make 100 of them [we have a large class] and it took me a couple hours.
Books of the bible bulletin board
In our 1st grade Sunday School room I made this “bulletin board” to help the kids see the books of the Bible as we work on learning them.
The colors represent the different sections of the Bible:
- Major Prophets
- Minor Prophets
- Church History
Inside each book I wrote a short description on what that book is all about and some major themes or stories from it. I love that as a teacher I am always in the word, reviewing, and learning myself!
Sing the Books of the Bible
We sung the Books of the Bible song by Go Fish every week to help cement it in further. You can get the video version on their website which we used – the kids loved it!
Learn the Books of the Bible
Here are several fun activities we’ve used to help the kids learn the books of the Bible. They are well suited to most kids in elementary school. You may also like or Books of the Bible Snack or the Books of the Bible bulletin board.
- Books of the Bible bookmark
- Pool Noodle Books of the Bible Games for Kids
- 66 Books of the Bible Game for Kids
- Cup Books of the Bile Games
- Leaves Books of the Bible Games
- Learning the books of the bible with Lego
- Discs Books of the Bible Games
- Army of Spoons Books of the Bible Games
- Free Bible Bookcase Printable
Bible Printables for Kids
- Free printable books of the bible bookmarks templates
- Printable Bible Verses (verse cards for kids and families)
- Free Printable Sermon Notes for Kids (works with any sermon)
- Creation BINGO Printable Game
- Printable Jelly Bean Gospel for Kids
- Creation Crafts for Kids
- Free Printable Scripture Cards pdf
- Bible Verse Copywork
- Cain and Abel Craft
- Sin Entered the World Sin Craft for Kids
- Beatitudes Sunday school lesson
- Jesus Feeds the 5000 Craft
- Lost Sheep Craft
- See all our many Free Sunday School Lessons
Would you be willing to share what you wrote inside each book? I’m wanting to do a bulletin board similar to yours, and would love to have extra insight on what to put inside them. We are starting our study in 2 weeks. This will be my first study as the Children’s Minister.