Help the story of Jesus in the temple as a boy come alive with Jesus in the temple craft ideas, clever boy Jesus at the temple activities at home or in Sunday School. These Jesus as a child craft and temple crafts for preschoolers work with preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd graders too.
Boy Jesus in the Temple Sunday School Lesson
For this weeks Sunday School lesson we were learned about Jesus lost in the temple when he was a boy found in Luke 2:41-52. This Bible lesson for kids works for a wide range of ages, but was geared for preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, and grade 3 students. WE combined story-telling with boy Jesus in the temple craft, and boy Jesus at the temple activities. Whether you are a parent making Bible stories come alive to your kids or a teacher at church, this temple crafts for preschoolers is perfect for helping kids remember the storeis from the Bible about Jesus.
Why was Jesus’ visit to the temple important?
Jesus showed that He is God’s Son and that He came to do God’s will.
Jesus in the temple craft
For this simple to make Bible craft all you will need is a piece of construction paper, 4×9” envelope, jumbo craft sticks, markers, and a glue stick per person.
Boy jesus in the temple craft
Glue the back and flap of a 4”x9” plain white envelope on any color construction paper.
Jesus lost in the temple craft
Now use a marker to make doors and a cross over the top of the church envelope.
Jesus at the temple craft
Provide a label with the verse on it for kids to affix to the top right of their church craft.
“Let us go to the house of the LORD.” Psalm 122:1
Jesus as a child craft
Then have kids decorate a jumbo craft stick for each member of their family. You can use google eyes and yarn for hair or make it simple by just using markers. The family will sit nicely in the church envelope.
Boy jesus at the temple activities
During the opening time we had 5 different STEM mazes for the kids to navigate. The kids had a blast with these Jesus as a boy activities to help them start thinking about gettign lost.
When we came together for music and the Bible story we explained that Mary and Joseph had to find their way to Jesus whom they accidentally left at the temple. Then we did our Jesus as a child craft to help them have something to take home as a conversation start to what we learned in Sunday School today.
Learn the Books of the Bible
Here are several fun activities we’ve used to help the kids learn the books of the Bible. They are well suited to most kids in elementary school. You may also like or Books of the Bible Snack or the Books of the Bible bulletin board.
- Books of the Bible bookmark
- Pool Noodle Books of the Bible Games for Kids
- 66 Books of the Bible Game for Kids
- Cup Books of the Bile Games
- Leaves Books of the Bible Games
- Learning the books of the bible with Lego
- Discs Books of the Bible Games
- Army of Spoons Books of the Bible Games
- Free Bible Bookcase Printable
Bible Printables for Kids
- Printable Bible Verses (verse cards for kids and families)
- Sermon Notes for Kids (works with any sermon)
- Creation BINGO Printable
- Printable Jelly Bean Gospel for Kids
- Creation Crafts for Kids
- Bible Verse Copywork
- Cain and Abel Craft
- Sin Entered the World Sin Craft for Kids
- Jesus Feeds the 5000 Craft & Lesson
- Beatitudes Sunday school lesson
- Parable of the lost sheep craft activities
- God protects us craft from the story of Nahum
- Prophet Ezekiel Craft (free printable template included)
- Zerubbabel Leads the Israelites Home Pennant Craft
- Lampstand Zechariah the Prophet Craft
- FUN Christmas Story Scavenger Hunt
- Jesus in the Temple Craft
- 12 Disciples Bible Crafts and Activities for Sunday School Lesson
- Wordless Book Craft
- Jesus is Greater than John: Jesus Sandals Craft
- See all of our free Sunday School Lessons!