If you are looking for a mess free painting idea to let toddler, babies, preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten age kids paint and explore mixing colors without all the mess and clean-up, you are going to love this simple solution! You can get ready for messless painting in just 5 minutes!
Mess Free Painting
This messless painting activity is super simple and QUICK to set-up! This mess free painting will allow your babies, toddlers, and preschoolers to paint and explore color without making a mess!
To try this simple mess free activities you will need a few simple supplies you may already have on hand:
- large gallon size Ziploc bags
- liquid tempera paint – we choose to use primary colors to explore color mixing.
- painters tape
mess free painting for toddlers
Just quirt 3 “piles” of paint in your ziplock bag, make sure all the air is out, and carefully seal your ziplock bag.
mess free painting in a bag
Now, using painters tape, tape the bag to the table. This allows your child to finger paint without it moving around.
I got two ready. Time to call the kids because we are all ready to play!
Painting for toddlers
My toddler right away wanted to squish the paint. she loved the squishy feeling and was so surprised it wasn’t all over her hand!
paint in a bag for babies
My Kindergartner started swirling the colors together. She was so excited when she started to see new colors emerge!
no mess painting for toddlers
I’m not sure if you can tell by the picture or not, but she made a letter A. The bags made a great surface to practice making letters. There are so many possible extension ideas besides just explorign and color mixing – from writing letters, forming numbers, and more!
mess free toddler painting
She loved the alphabet tactile practice making her letters on the squishy paint bag.
Painting in a Bag TIPS
- Put a piece of white paper underneath to make your letters or drawing appear more clearly.
- Try to get as much of the air out of the bag as possible.
- Trim nails before doing this activity. If kids start painting with their nails you will get a tear in the bag and end up with messy painting.
Looking for more fun, creative ways to paint with bubbles? Check out these FUN ideas!
- Bubble Painting by blowing bubbles
- Slime Bubbles
- How to make bubbles – makes HUGE bubbles!
- Easy Bubble Experiment for Preschoolers
- Beautiful Bubble Art for Kids
- Foam Bubble Painting Art for Kids
Looking for more outdoor activities for kids and things to do in the summer? Your toddler, preschool, pre k, kindergarten, and elementary age kids will love these fun ideas to keep them busy all summer long:
- Marshmallow Shooters – go over 30 feet!
- 2 ingredient Easy Slime Recipe
- How to Make a Lava Lamp – it’s super EASY!
- Kids will no nuts over this simple Pop Rock Experiment
- Handprint Strawberry Craft for Summer
- Simple Acid Rain Pollution Experiment for Kids
- Grow Your Own Crystals
- Water Balloon Experiment – exploring densit with an EPIC summer activity for kids
- EASY, Colorful Oil and Water Science Experiment
- Kids will be amazed as you change colors of white flowers with this Dying Flowers Science Experiment
- Human Body Project
- Amazing Bubble Painting
- Mind Blowing Color Changing Playdough
- Amazing, Heat Sensitive, Color Changing Slime
Summer Activities for Kids
- Egg Shell DIY Chia Pet Craft – Silly Spring / Summer Activities for Kids
- Outrageously cool Bouncy Egg Experiment
- Spring Umbrella Counting Crafts for Preschoolers
- Rainbow Summer Activities for Preschoolers
- Grass Head Craft for Kids
- Flower Science Experiment for Preschoolers
- Blow GIANT bubbles with this Homemade Bubble Solution
- Outrageously FUN Bubble Painting
- Bleeding Tissue Paper Fireworks Craft
- Beautiful Flower Suncatcher Craft
- 30 Fun June Crafts for Kids
- This super cool Lego Zipline is fun and simple to make
- Exploding Watermelon – science experiment that explores potential and kinetic energy with a big WOW moment!
- Memorable Life Size Skeletal system science project – includes free printable template
- Lego Squishy Circuits Electricity Science Experiments for Kids
- Exploding Watermelon Science Experiment
- Homemade Chalk Recipe
- 75+ FUN Scavenger Hunts for Kids
- Find activities by month with our June Crafts for kids or our June Activities for Kids!
Fun Summer Activities for Kids
- Ice Cream Edible Playdough
- Whip up a batch of Kool Aid Playdough – it smells amazing!
- Vinegar and Baking Soda Rocket Science Experiment for Kids
- 2 FUN, Hands-on Water Cycle Activities
- Summer Bucket List Printable with Ice Cream Theme
- How to Make Ice Cream in a Bag
- Free Printable Animal Classifications for Kids Cootie Catchers
- Fun Water balloon science experiment that explores density
- Ice Cream Playdough Patterns
- Head to the zoo with this FREE Zoo Scavenger Hunt – lots of choices for all ages!
- Make your favorite animal with one of these 100 animal crafts
- Try one of these fun Animal I Spy Printables
- Play with your food using this goldfish counting activity
- After seeing the frogs at the pond, grab this free life cycle of a frog worksheet
- Avoid the summer learning loss by practicing math with these crack the code worksheets
- First Day of Summer Craft
- Create this gorgeous stained glass art for kids
- 107 Epic Summer Activities for Kids