Make your Sunday School Lessons come alive with these creative storytelling ideas and Parting of the Red Sea Bible Craft for telling the story of the plagues of Egypt and the crossing of the red sea.
10 Plagues of Egypt
- Water to blood (Ex. 7:19-21)
- Frogs (Ex. 8:5-6)
- Gnats or lice (Ex. 8:16-19)
- Flies (Ex. 8:20-24, Egyptians only)
- Livestock died. (Ex. 9:1-7, Egyptians only)
- Boils (Ex. 9:8-11, Egyptians only)
- Hail (Ex. 9:18-26, Egyptians only)
- Locusts (Ex. 10:12-15)
- Three days of darkness (Ex. 10:21-23, Egyptians only)
- Death of firstborn (Ex. 12:21-30, God protected those with the lamb’s blood on the door)
Moses said to Pharaoh “The Lord God says, ‘Let My People Go!’ ” Pharaoh did not listen to Moses. God sent 10 plagues before Pharaoh let God’s people leave Egypt. God proved to the Egyptians that He is the one true God.
The Ten Plagues
As we told the story, we wanted to use an activity to help the kids remember the plagues and make the story come alive in a fun way for our 2nd grade class. So every time we mentioned a plague the kids had to do the “motion” to go along with it:
- Water to blood – plug nose
- Frogs – hope like frog & saw ribbit
- Gnats or lice – scratch at scalp like you have lice
- Flies – wave hands in the air to shoo the flies
- Livestock died – moo like a cow and then die with tongue out
- Boils – act like you are crying because they hurt
- Hail– pat legs making the sound of hail
- Locusts – act like you are eating as the locust ate everything in sight
- Three days of darkness – cover your eyes
- Death of firstborn – use hand to make the cut/dead motion with hand in front of neck.
This was lots of fun, helped them memorize the plagues, and was fun to review at the end too!
Moses Parts the Red Sea Craft
This is such a cute, fun to make Bible craft for teaching toddler, preschool, kindergarten, first grade, and 2nd grade students about the life of Moses adn how God delivered the Israelites from being slaves in Egypt.
- brown/orange paper (for bottom of Red Sea)
- blue paper (for water)
- free stand up figures
- fish stickers (optional)