Help children work on multiplication and division with these fact family triangles. These multiplication and division fact families are a simple way to help 3rd grade, 4th grade, and 5th grade students understand the connection between these two processes. SImply download pdf file with division printables and you are ready to practice with an easy division activity.
Fact family triangles
Number triangles are also called fact families. This fact family triangles is a fantastic tool for helping children understand how numbers work together with division and multiplication. This reuseable multiplication and division fact families will help them for years to come as the fact families get larger and more challenging. This division activity is great for children from grade 3, grade 4, and grade 5 students. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love these no-prep division fact families.
Multiplication and division fact families
To start, we printed the number triangle printable and put it inside a sheet protector. You don’t have to use a sheet protector. Lamination or a dry erase pocket is also an option, but protecting the paper some how allows you to use the activity over and over. Because it is protected with a sheet protector, or other option, the activity can be used with a dry erase marker.
Division Fact Families
Grab the protected printable and your favorite dry erase marker and let’s get started. We started with low numbers like the fact family: 3, 6, and 18.
Write those three numbers inside the triangle.
Then on the equation lines, plug in the numbers. You can start out by taking two of them and seeing if they fit. For instance, 3 x 6 equals 18. But 3 x 18 does not equal 6, so we know that does not work. Continue with moving the numbers around until the numbers fit. Once the two multiplication numbers are figured out, next is division. The process works exactly the same.
This process helps students work through the numbers, see how they are working together to create the equation and go from there. You can choose any three numbers that work together.
You can also add completely random numbers. 4, 5 and 27. Ask your child to see if those work together. The answer for this particular set of numbers would be no, so they can choose three more numbers. This is a great way to quiz them and see if they truly understand the process of fact families.
Looking for more fun, free printable division games for kids to practice math and gain fluency? You will love these division worksheets, printable division games, and more!
- Knight’s Quest is a fun, Free Printable Division Games for kids!
- Printable division worksheets that turn into a clever Division mini book!
- Free Division Worksheets that use a deck of cards to practice dividing numbers
- Free DIVISION Printable Math Flash cards
- Baseball Themed Printable Division Games
- Free Printable 4th Grade Math Worksheets
- Printable Free 5th Grade Math Worksheets
- 6th Grade Math Worksheets to print for free
- Winter Math multiplication and division fact family worksheets
- Division Christmas Math Worksheets
- Easter Math Challenge – fun way to practice math
- Candy Corn Math – division and multiplication puzzles
- Christmas Multiplication math game for kids
- Printable Christmas Math Worksheets to review addition, subtraction, multiplicationa, and division
- Popsicle Puzzle Division Activities
- See all our Division Activities!!
4th Grade Worksheets
Looking for more 4th grade printables, worksheets, and games to make learning fun? Check out these resources!
- LOTS of Free 4th Grade Worksheets
- Printable 4th Grade Reading List
- TONS of fun, hands-on history lessons for kids
- Become a Detective and solve the case with these fun, clever Dictionary Worksheets
- Practice identifying parts of speach with this Parts of Speach BINGO Game
- Grab these free Lego spelling test printables that work with any list!
- Over 500 pages of FREE Writing Promtps for kids
- Pirate Reducing Fractions Printable Math Game
- Checkers Printable Multiplication Games
- Over 200 Fun Science Experiments for Kids
- FUN Ocean Animal Lessons – over 200 pages of engaging content, crafts, activities, science experients, and worksheets to learn all about sharks, whales, seals, octopus, crustaceans, mollusks, and more!
Free printable division games
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- All downloaded materials provided are copyright protected.
- Graphics purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!