Coding doesn’t have to be complicated rows and rows of numers on a computer screen! Make coding fun for kids as they make a fun coding craft to learn moare about Coding for Kids. This project allows kids to make a coding bracelet that celebrates their birthday! This is such a fun concept to take the scary part out of coding and give you a really fun coding activity for kids! Use this coding projects for kids of all ages from preschool, pre-k, kindergargarten to first grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd grade students too!
Give kids a chance to try coding for kids with this clever, fun, and pretty coding activity for kids! As preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, and grade 3 students make their coding bracelets they will get practice with coding with binary numbers will making a pretty bracelet craft! This is such a fun birthday craft for kids to make on their birthdays, to celebrate a special day, or to make for a friends.
Coding for Kids
Coding is an activity that every child should experience at least a few times in their life. Not every child wants to sit in front of a computer and program all day. For more hands-on kids, coding can be brought to life with other hands-on coding activities like this birthday coding bracelet. This bracelet contains the binary numbers in a child’s birthday, which is a fun way to celebrate a child’s special day and help them learn at the same time. This activity is fun to do any time, but it is especially fun at a birthday party or sleepover.
Coding activity for kids
You’ll need just a few things for this coding activity:
Decide if you want to use two colors only, or use another color of bead to separate each part of the date. Since binary numbers tend to be pretty short, we decided to use the double-digit form of each number, so one would be 01 like you often see on birthday forms online.
Coding lessons for kids
We used the following date pattern:
If the kids are really young, they might not know their birthdate. This is a fun time to help them memorize their birthdate while making the bracelets. If your kids don’t want to wear bracelets, they can make the bracelet into a zipper pull or key chain.
Follow the binary number chart to thread the beads onto the elastic string following the binary pattern. Once you are finished, tie the bracelet into a knot and the bracelet is ready to slip onto your wrist.
Coding projects for kids
After making their names, ask your kids if they want to code any other important dates or if they want to try coding something with letters.
Coding Apps and Games
Looking for more ways for kids to explore coding? Try these fun games!
Science for Kids
Looking for lots more fun, science experiments for kids? You’ve GOT to try some of these outrageously fun science experiments for kids! We have so many fun, creative and easy science experiments for elementary age children:
- 100 Amazing Food science experiments for kids – arranged by type of science
- Colorful Capillary action science experiment (also known as walking water)
- Amaze kids with these 12 Hands on Science experiments with batteries
- 24 Epic Solar system science projects to try this week
- 5 minute Surface Tension Experiment for Kids
- Fun Water balloon science experiment that explores density
- 50 Fun Preschool science experiments the whole family will want to try
- Simple Galaxy science project
- Easy and Fun Dancing Raisins Experiment
- Learn about weather as you find how to make a weather vane
- Eye opening Eye science experiments
- Easy-to- make Air pressure science project
- Amazing POP rocks science experiment is one of our all-time favorite science experiments we like to do during the summer are
- Stunning Chromatography Flowers are so pretty you’ll forget it was as science project!
- How to Make a Lava Lamp – super easy and SO cool!
- 30 Simple machines science projects kids will want to try
- Easy, fascinating, and colorful project answering Why do Leaves Change Color Experiment
- Free Printable Animal Classifications for Kids Cootie Catchers
- 19 Edible science experiments – which delicious project will you try first?
- HUGE Free Solar System Unit (coloring pages, hands on science projects, worksheets, and more!)
- Pipe Cleaner Constellation Activity (As seen on Good Housekeeping!)
- Teach kids about conductivity with this fun squishy circuits projects
- Amazing, Heat Sensitive, Color Changing Slime
- Life Cycles for Kids (from penguin to sunflower and spider to turkey we have LOTS of life cycles to explore and learn about)
- EASY, Colorful Oil and Water Science Experiment
- Kids will be amazed as you change colors of white flowers with this Dying Flowers Science Experiment
- This super cool Lego Zipline is fun and simple to make
- Human Body Project
- Check out this super cool look INSIDE a Volcano Project
- Easy Rubber Band Powered Car
- Paint Stick Solar System Project for Kids
- Fun-to-Make Lego Balloon Car Project
- Candy Corn Catapults STEM Project for Kids
- EPIC Exploding Snowman Science Experiment for Winter
- Melting Christmas Science Experiments
- Exploding Watermelon – science experiment that explores potential and kinetic energy with a big WOW moment!
- Memorable Life Size Skeletal system science project – includes free printable template
- Find LOTS more Easy Science Experiments for kids of all ages!
Fun Summer Activities
Looking for more summer ideas for kids? You will love these fun, clever resources for kids of all ages to keep you busy all May, June, July, and August.
- Exploding Watermelon Summer Science
- Silly Grass Craft for Kids
- 30 Pool Noodle Activities for Kids
- Giant Bubble Solution
- Edible Ice Cream Playdough Recipe
- Easy Ice Cream in a Bag
- FREE Printable Summer Activity Calendars
- Blowing Colorful Clouds (Summer Activity for Kids)
- 40 Summer Science Activities for Kids
- How to Make a Lava Lamp
- Handprint Strawberry Craft
- Color by Number Summer
- Squirt Gun Painting
- Frozen Paint Summer Activity
- 30 Super Fun June Crafts for Kids
- Mason Jar Flower Craft for Kids
- Walking Water Science Project
- June Stories for Kids and free printable activity calendar