This week we covered The Sermon on the Mount in our Sunday school class.
These beatitudes craft and beatitudes bible verse game are great for kids from Preschool, Kindergarten, 1st grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd grade kids.
Bee Bible Verse Game
This is such a fun activity for kids to discover their new Bible verse with a fun activity. The kids (and parents) really enjoyed this game and it went along perfectly with our bee theme as we discussed the Beatitudes.
If you are learning the same verse as we were Matthew 6:33 just print the download below to get all the flowers and hive worksheet for free.
Basically you put up pictures of flowers with words as pollen all around the room.
Kids will “buzz” around the room and visit each flower. They will find the pollen words and then will color the same word hexagon on their worksheet to make honey in the hive with the pollen.
When they have visited all the flowers the hive will clearly show their memory verse: Matthew 6:33. They got a dixie cup filled with Honey Combs cereal and then for those kids that had time I also had lined paper for them to write their memory verse. They already have the verse almost memorized between reading, writing, and saying it!
This was seriously a HUGE hit with all the kids!
Bee Attitudes Craft
The craft was simple to make and more about the fun process of making the bee hive and bees than anything else!
We did this in the spring when corn was in season and just 15 cents an ear.
Break an ear of corn into half or thirds. We inserted corn holders to make it less messy for Sunday School.
Kids will dip the corn in a small amount of yellow paint and then stamp the bee hive on the free printable below.
Next have kids press their finger on a yellow ink pad and then several times on the paper surrounding the bee hive.
Wipe fingers off with baby wipes to clean quickly.
Using a black marker draw stripes on the bees, antennae, and faces if you like.
Here is the finished product. Cute, right?
It was fun for kids to make and a great reminder of the Bee Attitudes we had learned about.
Download FREE Bee Attitudes Lesson
- By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (to share this resource with others please direct them to this page to download their own copy. Thanks!)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from Scrappin Doodles #94836
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!