Earth Science Experiments for Kids – Rock ClassificationsA fun way for kids doing a home school science lesson to learn about the differences in types or rocks is using edible rocks! What could be more fun or memorable than edible rocks, right? My kids though so too!
I’ve seen lots of different recipes to make edible rocks online, but honestly I just didn’t have the time right now =-) I am sure you understand how that goes. So I stuck with things in our house.
How to Make Edible Rocks
Good book about rocks to complement your study
Earth Science Experiments for Kids - GeodesWe compared rocks in our rock collection and started our own collection from a nature walk. Then we painted our rocks to make pet rocks!
More FUN Homeschool Units
- Earth Science Experiments for Kids – Digging up Fossils
- Earth Science Experiments for Kids – Volcanoes
- Earth Science Experiments for Kids – Grow a Crystal Garden
- Hatching Butterflies with free printable
- Homeschool Social Studies: FREE Early Explorers Unit
- Famous Artist Monet – homeschool art appreciation lesson