How to Make an Apple Pie and See the World LessonAs I was preparing our preschool and kindergarten lesson to teach our A is for Apple week I decided we were going to also ‘row’ through Five in a Row’s How to Make an Apple Pie and See the World. To really take full advantage of all the globe trotting in the book as she gets all the ingredients to make her apple pie, I decided it was a great time to roll into Geography!
FREE 7 Continents Geography Game
I developed this fun, educational, and age appropriate (3-8+ years) game as a fun way to teach the name & location of the continents, reinforce green means go/read means stop, introduce fractions, and have fun going around the world collecting your apple pie ingredients!
Roll into Geography Game Includes:
- Game board (which I stuck in a page protector. This not only extends the life of the game, but is also great for storing the player pieces & pie pieces).
- 4 animal player pieces in bold primary colors
- 4 Pies (with 6 pieces each – one for each ingredient the book collects to make an apple pie) – I laminated these to extend there life.
- 6 color-coded continent sheets to insert into Constructive Plaything Photo Stacking Cubes (we use these for lots of games & to practice reading Dolche words!)
How to Play Roll into Geography
- Roll the dice (large photo cube with continent Inserts)
- Move your animal player piece to the right (color coded) continent
- If the star on the continent is red there are no ingredients to collect & your turn is done
- If the star is green you can collect an ingredient for your pie (color coded). Note: If you have already collected all the ingredients from that continent your turn is done.
- The first player to have all 6 ingredients to complete their apple pie is the winner.
By using the printable below you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (you may print off 1 copy for your families personal use)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, copied or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!
- FREE Preschool Printables
- Favorite Preschool File Folder Games
- Edible Finger Paint Sensory Play
- Alphabet Playdough Mats
- Five in a Row Units
- DIY I Spy Bottles
- Homeschool Kindergarten
- Alphabet Ideas Page (from A to Z)
- Reading the Easy Way : Preschool (12 week sight word reading program including readers, games, color by sight word, and more!)