Help kids learn about the Sermon on the Mount from Matthew 5:3-10 with this fun Beatitudes Sunday School Lesson. We’ve included a fun beatitudes worksheet to learn your key verse plus cute, free printable beatitude crafts. Use these Beatitudes for kids activities with preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, and 4th graders too.
Beatitudes for Kids
This week we covered The Sermon on the Mount in our Sunday school class. The Beatitudes Sunday School Lesson includes a cute craft, beatitudes bible verse game are great for kids from Preschool, Kindergarten, 1st grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd grade kids.
Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted. Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth. Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled. Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy. Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God. Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God. Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Matthew 3: 5-10
Beatitudes Sunday School Lesson
This is such a fun activity for kids to discover their new Bible verse with a fun activity. The kids (and parents) really enjoyed this game and it went along perfectly with our bee theme as we discussed the Beatitudes.
Bee Bible Verse Game
If you are learning the same verse as we were Matthew 6:33 just print the file below to get all the flowers and hive worksheet for free.
Basically you put up pictures of flowers with words as pollen all around the room.
Beatitudes for preschoolers
Kids will “buzz” around the room and visit each flower. They will find the pollen words and then will color the same word hexagon on their worksheet to make honey in the hive with the pollen.
When they have visited all the flowers the hive will clearly show their memory verse: Matthew 6:33. They got a dixie cup filled with Honey Combs cereal and then for those kids that had time I also had lined paper for them to write their memory verse. They already have the verse almost memorized between reading, writing, and saying it!
This was seriously a HUGE hit with all the kids!
Beatitudes printable craft
This fun-to-make Beatitudes Bee Craft if as pretty to look at as it is fun to make.
Beatitudes children’s lesson
The craft was simple to make and more about the fun process of making the bee hive and bees than anything else!
Beatitudes printable worksheets
We did this in the spring when corn was in season and just 15 cents an ear.
Break an ear of corn into half or thirds. We inserted corn holders to make it less messy for Sunday School.
Kids will dip the corn in a small amount of yellow paint and then stamp the bee hive on the free printable below.
Beatitudes lesson for kids
Next have kids press their finger on a yellow ink pad and then several times on the paper surrounding the bee hive.
Wipe fingers off with baby wipes to clean quickly.
Using a black marker draw stripes on the bees, antennae, and faces if you like.
Here is the finished product. Cute, right?
It was fun for kids to make and a great reminder of the Bee Attitudes we had learned about.
Bee Activities for Kids
- Bee Counting Game
- National Honey Bee Day Activities for August 17th
- B is for Bee Handprint art
- Sorting letters with curves and no curves Bee Activity for Preschoolers
- Bee Number 1-12 Worksheets
- Sorinting bees – Bee Printable Visual Discrimination
- Ten Frame Bee Math
- Bee Theme for Preschoolers
- Rhyming Match Beehive Jive
- Potato Stamped Bumble Bee Craft
- Beatitudes Bee Craft and activity
- Letter B Printable Weekly Theme for Preschoolers
Bible Printables for Kids
- Free printable books of the bible bookmarks templates
- Printable Bible Verses (verse cards for kids and families)
- Sermon Notes for Kids (works with any sermon)
- Creation BINGO Printable
- Printable Jelly Bean Gospel for Kids
- Creation Crafts for Kids
- Bible Verse Copywork
- Cain and Abel Craft
- Sin Entered the World Sin Craft for Kids
- Learn Books of the Bible with Hopscotch game
- Beatitudes Sunday school lesson
- Jesus Feeds the 5000 Craft
- Simple Jesus Heals Craft for the Man with Shriveled Bible Story
- Lost Sheep Craft
- Jesus Feeds 5000
- Healing Peter’s Mother-in-Law
- Lost Sheep Parable
- Parable of the Sower
- Wordless Book Lesson
- Jelly Bean Gospel
- Easter BINGO
- Memorizing Luke 2 for Families (printable)
- See all of our free Sunday School Lessons!
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal or personal classroom use only (to share this resource with others please direct them to this page to grab their own copy. Thanks!)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from Scrappin Doodles #94836
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!