This thankful crafts for Sunday school celebrates thankfulness for God’s indescribable gift. It is a perfect craft for a bridge between Thanksgiving and Christmas or for a bible craft for a lesson on New Testament 2 Corinthians 9:15. This cute Bible craft for kids is perfect for kids from preschool, pre k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd grade students.
Thankful Crafts for Sunday School
In 2 Corinthians 9:15, Paul writes: “Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift!” Read and discuss this verse together. What gift is Paul talking about? Why are we thankful for it? How can we thank God for His gift? This verse is perfect for connecting Thanksgiving to Christmas. Thanksgiving is a time of giving thanks and what better to give thanks for than the wonderful gift that God has given us! This fun to make Thankful Crafts for Sunday School is a fun thankful craft for kids from preschoolers, kindergarteners, grade 1, grade 2, and grade 3 children.
As we move past Thanksgiving and into the Christmas season, we focus more on this gift. The gift of Jesus Christ, born as a baby. Sent to die for our sin that we may have the gift of eternal life with Him.
Thankful Sunday school craft
For this craft you will first need a small box. Small gift boxes can be purchased pre-made at any craft supply store (which is a great option for younger children) or you can make your own by folding paper using a tutorial like this one that we used.
Bible crafts thankfulness
The next step is to decorate your box. This is where the fun and creativity begins! We kept it simple, using markers, crayons, and Christmas stickers (perfect for younger kids!). However, you can do so many different things with your boxes! Fold them out of Thanksgiving or Christmas scrapbook paper, decorate with glitter glue, wrap them up with wrapping paper and a bow on top! The possibilities are endless!
Gratitude Box Craft
Once you’ve decorated your boxes, it’s time to go back to the verse you read together. Talk about how Paul says that God’s gift is so amazing that it is “indescribable.” Try to come up with as many ways as you can to describe God’s amazing gift (seeing how our words definitely fall short!).
Bible Craft Thankfulness
Cut out small strips of paper and write your descriptions on them.
2 Corinthians 9 15
Once you’ve written down your descriptions, fold them up and put them inside your thankfulness box.
Once your gift box is full, use a small piece of tape (or a sticker) to close the lid. This is such a fun idea to teach kids to be thankful or for a sunday school lesson on thankfulness.
Save it for Christmas Morning!
If you are doing this craft at the beginning of the Christmas season, encourage the children to place their gift box under their Christmas trees at home. Then, on Christmas morning they can open their box again and read all the things they have to be thankful for about God’s indescribable gift!
How cute are these DIY paper boxes your kids can make and decorate for this i am thankful activity!
Learn the Books of the Bible
Here are several fun activities we’ve used to help the kids learn the books of the Bible. They are well suited to most kids in elementary school. You may also like or Books of the Bible Snack or the Books of the Bible bulletin board.
- Books of the Bible bookmark
- Pool Noodle Books of the Bible Games for Kids
- 66 Books of the Bible Game for Kids
- Cup Books of the Bile Games
- Leaves Books of the Bible Games
- Learning the books of the bible with Lego
- Discs Books of the Bible Games
- Army of Spoons Books of the Bible Games
- Free Bible Bookcase Printable
Bible Printables for Kids
- Printable Bible Verses (verse cards for kids and families)
- Sermon Notes for Kids (works with any sermon)
- Creation BINGO Printable
- Printable Jelly Bean Gospel for Kids
- Creation Crafts for Kids
- Bible Verse Copywork
- Cain and Abel Craft
- Sin Entered the World Sin Craft for Kids
- Jesus Feeds the 5000 Craft & Lesson
- Beatitudes Sunday school lesson
- Parable of the lost sheep craft activities
- God protects us craft from the story of Nahum
- Prophet Ezekiel Craft (free printable template included)
- Zerubbabel Leads the Israelites Home Pennant Craft
- Lampstand Zechariah the Prophet Craft
- FUN Christmas Story Scavenger Hunt
- Jesus in the Temple Craft
- 12 Disciples Bible Crafts and Activities for Sunday School Lesson
- Wordless Book Craft
- Jesus is Greater than John: Jesus Sandals Craft
- See all of our free Sunday School Lessons!
Leave a Reply