Help your child learn to pray with this simple, free resource for preschool, pre k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd grade students. Prayer should be a regular, enjoyable part of their day. To help kids lean about prayer and keep track of what they pray for and God’s many answered prayers you can put together this prayer book for kids template.
Prayer book for kids
If kids are going to get to know God and have a relationship with their Savior they need to talk to Him. Sometimes kids can be confused about what to pray about, how to pray, why to pray, or how to know God is talking to them. This super cute, free printable prayer book for kids is a great way to start the conversations and teach preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, and grade 3 students how to pray for kids.
Whether you are a parent teaching your own children about God and how to pray or a Sunday School teacher planning a lesson for kids at church, this is a fun, easy way to teach kids about prayer with a Free Sunday School Lesson.
Free children’s prayer book
Prayer for Kids
As you are talking to your children about prayer, make sure to teach them what the Bible says about prayer:
Pray often; continually in fact!
Pray continually. 1 Thessalonians 5:17
Pray about everything
Is anyone among you suffering? Let him pray. Is anyone cheerful? Let him sing praises. Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord; and the prayer offered in faith will restore the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up, and if he has committed sins, they will be forgiven him. James 5:13-15
Pray for God’s people
And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people. Ephesians 6:18
Set a Praying Example for your Kids
As parents we set examples to our children of how they should behave mostly by our actions. Here are some times to pray with your kids:
- Before mealtime
- At Family devotions
- At Church
- When their is a need (someone is sad, hurt, hurried, etc.)
- At bedtime
- When you here an emergency vehicle
- and more as the spirit moves!
Kids Prayer Book
Print the page in the file. Cut the hands out by carefully using scissors to cut around the outside of the hands. Stack the hands up so the cover is at the top, followed by the colorful how to pray, and the blank hands at the back. Now staple the hands to make a super cute folded hands prayer book; you can staple on the edge with the “by” or at the wrist – your choice.
Now read the colorful hand page to teach kids how to pray:
- Praise & Thank God –Thank you for loving me. Thank you for food to eat, etc.
- Confess your Sins – I Don’t always obey; forgive me for ….
- Pray for Others – Help those who are hungry, help ___ who is sick, give wisdom to our president and elected leaders, help our missionaries the _____, etc.
- Pray for Yourself – Help me to obey my Mom and Dad. Help me to tell my friend ___ about Jesus, etc…
On the following blank pages have children write down any prayer requests so they remember to keep praying for those needs. When the Lord answers their prayer, encourage them to write down the answer to prayer, praise God for his faithfulness, and remember God is faithful!
Children’s prayer book craft
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal or Sunday school use only
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!