Science is such a fun subject to learn! Whether your kids love school or not, they will be excited to try these incredible chemistry experiments for kids. Whether you have a preschool, pre-k, kindegartner, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, 5th grade, or 6th grade students – they will be engaged and excited to try these homeschool chemistry experiments. teaching them all about chemistry using one of these really fun, hands-on chemistry experiments for kids. You can use chemistry experiments to give them hands-on practice as they learn this important AND fun subject. The hardest part of these EASY science expermients for kids is deciding which one to try first!
Chemistry experiments for kids
Chemistry is all about studying matter. Everything is made out of matter, which means chemistry applies to everything around us! In order to help your kids learn about chemistry, you can use homeschool chemistry experiments to make it more exciting and hands-on. These easy and FUN Chemistry experiments for kids are perfect for preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, grade, 4, grade 5, and grade 6 students to explore and discover how fun science is. Plus we have lots of simple kitchen chemistry experiments to try too.
Science Experiments for kids
These easy science experiments are perfect for parents, teachers, and homeschoolers alike as there are so many cool chemistry projects for kids to try at home or in the classroom with simple materials you have on hand!
Simple chemistry experiments
Chemistry doesn’t need to be super complicated or difficult. Use these fun and easy chemistry experiments to teach your students the basics about chemistry.
- Simple Chemical Reaction Experiment – It’s fun to watch how different compounds react with each other. That’s what makes this simple chemical reaction experiment so fun!
- Fluid Science Experiment – This experiment will give your students a great visual for how chemistry works. They’ll enjoy experimenting with different fluids, comparing reactions for each.
- Fun Bubble Experiment – What’s not to love about bubbles? Your students will learn so much about chemistry with this experiment, all while having fun!
- Diffusion Watercolor Art – Chemistry can be found anywhere, including art. This chemistry experiment will highlight this fact as your students create a masterpiece.
- Color Changing Acid-Base Experiment – What’s the difference between acid and base? Your students will enjoy discovering the answer with this chemistry experiment.
- Water Balloon Science Experiment – Your students are sure to love this fun chemistry experiment. They’ll learn all about density while playing with water balloons.
- Erupting Volcano Slime – Who doesn’t love a good volcano experiment? With this activity, your students will get to have fun creating a volcano while also studying chemistry.
- Balloon, Baking Soda, Vinegar Science Experiment – What happens when you mix baking soda and vinegar? Find out with this chemistry experiment.
- Water Chemistry Experiment – What can chemistry tell you about your water? The answer is: A LOT!
- Super Simple Chemistry – Help your students learn the basics about chemistry with this experiment.
- Color Changing Chemistry Clock – Use chemistry to make these liquids change colors!
- Erupting Rainbow Experiment – How can you make an erupting rainbow? Find out with this science experiment.
- Hatch Baking Soda Dinosaur Eggs – Chemistry will help you hatch these dinosaurs.
- Cleaning Pennies with Vinegar – Do you have any dark and dirty pennies lying around? Let your students use this chemistry experiment to clean them up!
Kitchen Chemistry Experiments
Chemistry can be delicious! You just need to know what to do. Here are a few chemistry recipes you won’t want to miss.
- Homemade Butter Science Experiment – Did you know cooking requires a lot of chemistry? Teach your kids this fun fact with this hands-on experiment.
- Kitchen Chemistry – Chemistry is all around us, especially in the kitchen! Have fun experimenting with chemistry while baking a delicious cake.
- Green Eggs Chemistry Experiment – The next time you ready Green Eggs and Ham, make sure you add this fun chemistry experiment to your list of things to do.
- Food Chemistry: Turn Juice Into A Solid – Turning juice into a solid is a fun chemistry experiment you can do in your own kitchen!
- Acids and Bases Experiment – You can use items from your kitchen for this chemistry experiment. Your students will learn all about acids and bases.
- Exploring Butter Chemistry – Here’s another chemistry experiment that can also be tasty!
- Rock Candy – Now you can explore chemistry while making a yummy treat! Use this chemistry experiment to grow rock candy.
- Erupting Lemon Volcano – You can use simple ingredients in your kitchen to make this erupting volcano!
Chemistry projects for kids
You can also use chemistry to make the HOLIDAYS extra fun! These experiments are sure to make the different holidays more fun, from leprechaun rocks to Valentine’s Day love potions.
- Leprechaun Rocks – Combine chemistry and St. Patrick’s Day with this fun experiment. Kids will get hands-on science practice while also celebrating St. Patrick’s Day.
- Create Wizard’s Brew or Witch’s Potion – This chemistry experiment is sure to get your students ready for Halloween! They will use chemistry to create a magical brew or potion.
- Snowman Chemistry – Get ready for the holiday season with this fantastic chemistry experiment.
- Gingerbread Man Chemistry Experiment – Use chemistry to make this delicious holiday treat.
- Winter Chemistry Experiment for Kids – You can use pipe cleaners to create crystal sculptures for the winter season!
- Crystal Hearts Valentine’s Day Experiment – Nothing says “Happy Valentine’s Day” like a fun chemistry experiment.
- Love Potion – Make Valentine’s Day extra delicious with this tasty chemistry experiment.
- STEAM Christmas Tree Activity – This chemistry experiment can double as a Christmas decoration!
Hands-on learning is the way to go when it comes to chemistry. These chemistry experiments make it easy for your students to learn what they need to know about chemistry.
Science for Kids
Looking for lots more fun, science experiments for kids? You’ve GOT to try some of these outrageously fun science experiments for kids! We have so many fun, creative and easy science experiments for elementary age children:
- 100 Amazing Food science experiments for kids – arranged by type of science
- Colorful Capillary action science experiment (also known as walking water)
- Amaze kids with these 12 Hands on Science experiments with batteries
- 24 Epic Solar system science projects to try this week
- Fun Water balloon science experiment that explores density
- 50 Fun Preschool science experiments the whole family will want to try
- Simple Galaxy science project
- Easy and Fun Dancing Raisins Experiment
- Learn about weather as you find how to make a weather vane
- Eye opening Eye science experiments
- Easy-to- make Air pressure science project
- Amazing POP rocks science experiment is one of our all-time favorite science experiments we like to do during the summer are
- Stunning Chromatography Flowers are so pretty you’ll forget it was as science project!
- How to Make a Lava Lamp – super easy and SO cool!
- 30 Simple machines science projects kids will want to try
- Easy, fascinating, and colorful project answering Why do Leaves Change Color Experiment
- Free Printable Animal Classifications for Kids Cootie Catchers
- 19 Edible science experiments – which delicious project will you try first?
- HUGE Free Solar System Unit (coloring pages, hands on science projects, worksheets, and more!)
- Pipe Cleaner Constellation Activity (As seen on Good Housekeeping!)
- Teach kids about conductivity with this fun squishy circuits projects
- Amazing, Heat Sensitive, Color Changing Slime
- Life Cycles for Kids (from penguin to sunflower and spider to turkey we have LOTS of life cycles to explore and learn about)
- EASY, Colorful Oil and Water Science Experiment
- Kids will be amazed as you change colors of white flowers with this Dying Flowers Science Experiment
- This super cool Lego Zipline is fun and simple to make
- Human Body Project
- Check out this super cool look INSIDE a Volcano Project
- Exploding Watermelon – science experiment that explores potential and kinetic energy with a big WOW moment!
- Memorable Life Size Skeletal system science project – includes free printable template
- Find LOTS more Easy Science Experiments for kids of all ages!