This is a super simple to prepare Books of the Bible Activity for kids. We used this as one of 9 Books of the Bible activities in our 1st & 2nd Grade Sunday School class.
Spoon Books of the Bible Activity for Kids
- 2 colors of heavy duty spoons – we used Bermuda blue & citrus green (66 + some extras)
- Sharpie (3 colors is nice)
- Styrofoam (leave it in the plastic!)
- Write the name of the Old Testament Books of the Bible on one color of spoons.
- Next write the Books of the New Testament on a different color of spoons.
- Line up your spoons to keep them uniform and gently press down into the Styrofoam (make sure you leave the plastic on). I wrote with a color coordinating Sharpie Old Testament & New Testament before the spoons for that section of the Bible began.
- Now remove them and using the sharpie color around the holes you have created. This will help the kids be able to see the “right” holes instead of making new ones each time they do the activity.
- We store this in a large ziplock bag in a plastic tote.