Looking for a fun way to help children learn the books of the Bible? Here is a fun books of the bible activity for kids of all ages from kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, and 4th grade students. Because kids learn best with hands-on activities, we like to use Books of the BIble games in our Sunday School lessons.
Books of the Bible Activity
This is a super simple to prepare Books of the Bible Activity for kids is such a creative and unique way to keep kids engaged as they work on learning the books of the bible. We used this as one of 9 Books of the Bible games in our Sunday School class with kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, and grade 4 students.
Books of the Bible Games
- 2 colors of heavy duty spoons – we used Bermuda blue & citrus green (66 + some extras)
- Sharpie (3 colors is nice)
- Styrofoam (leave it in the plastic!)
Learn the books of the bible
- Write the name of the Old Testament Books of the Bible on one color of spoons.
- Next write the Books of the New Testament on a different color of spoons.
- Line up your spoons to keep them uniform and gently press down into the Styrofoam (make sure you leave the plastic on). I wrote with a color coordinating Sharpie Old Testament & New Testament before the spoons for that section of the Bible began.
- Now remove them and using the sharpie color around the holes you have created. This will help the kids be able to see the “right” holes instead of making new ones each time they do the activity.
- We store this in a large ziplock bag in a plastic tote.
Learn the Books of the Bible
Here are several fun activities we’ve used to help the kids learn the books of the Bible. They are well suited to most kids in elementary school. You may also like or Books of the Bible Snack, Books of the Bible bulletin board, and books of the Bible bookmark.
- Pool Noodle Books of the Bible Games for Kids
- Hopscotch Books of the Bible Games
- 66 Books of the Bible Game for Kids
- Cup Books of the Bile Games
- Leaves Books of the Bible Games
- Learning the books of the bible with Lego
- Discs Books of the Bible Games
- Army of Spoons Books of the Bible Games
- Free Bible Bookcase Printable
Bible Printables for Kids
- Free printable books of the bible bookmarks templates
- Printable Bible Verses (verse cards for kids and families)
- Free Printable Sermon Notes for Kids (works with any sermon)
- Creation BINGO Printable Game
- Printable Jelly Bean Gospel for Kids
- Creation Crafts for Kids
- Free Printable Scripture Cards pdf
- Bible Verse Copywork
- Cain and Abel Craft
- Sin Entered the World Sin Craft for Kids
- Beatitudes Sunday school lesson
- Jesus Feeds the 5000 Craft
- Lost Sheep Craft
- See all our many Free Sunday School Lessons
I’m 55 years old and I’ve wanted to learn the books of the Bible and with this great tip I’m going to do it for myself and when my husband and I have “ Grand kids camp “ this year I’ll let them make them too . Thanks fir sharing .
This idea very nice for kid’s understanding the books name of the Bible in simple way I like this games.
How you play the gamme