Today I am so happy to have Allyson from A Heart for Home doing a guest post. Allyson is a busy Mom of 4 little ones under the age of 5 – my hero!! Allyson is a former 5th grade teacher who now spends her spare time sharing crafts, recipes, reviews, and inspiration with us. Check out her super cute craft below then head on over to her blog to see more goodies. Don’t forget to let her know you are visiting from Living Life Intentionally!
You'll need the following materials:
- craft knife
- jumbo craft (popsicle) sticks
- old greeting cards, calendars, printed pictures, drawings, etc.
- glue Mod Podge (optional)
- paint brush, we use a 1 inch foam brush (optional)
- adhesive magnet strips (optional)
1. Line up jumbo craft sticks side by side on your work surface, and tape them together to hold them in place while you work. A strip of tape across the top and bottom works well. Turn the sticks over.
2. Trim a picture to fit on the craft sticks, and glue it to the center of the sticks. Smooth out any bubbles and let the glue dry.
3. Once the glue is dry, remove the tape from the back of the sticks.
4. Use the craft knife to cut the picture apart where the sticks meet. It's helpful to use a straight edge to make sure you're cutting straight. I just used the edge of another popsicle stick.
5. For more durability, apply a coat of Mod Podge to the top of each picture strip as a sealer. Allow the strips to dry.
Thanks Allyson, that turned out super cute! I love the idea of making the puzzle magnetic & using it with a cookie sheet. I am definitely planning on making that before our big road trip this year!
Here are some of my favorite posts from A Heart for Home: