Did you know that November 4th is National Candy Day? This is the perfect time to take some of the candy that your children may have gathered in October and use it for educational purposes this month.
National Candy Day Learning Activities
I love these silly holidays as they are a great way to bring hands-on learning into the classroom. Kids will love these lNational Candy Day Learning Activities where they can learn all about candy in a variety of ways.
Candy Language Arts Activities
Teach children to read with these fun candy-themed learning activities.
- Learn sight words with the Candyland sight word game!
- The candy train game helps new readers learn sight words. This game could also be modified for older students.
- Learn to spell with M&Ms!
- Teach symbolism to older kids using lollipops.
- Teach letters to young kids with candy alphabet bingo!
Candy STEM Activities
Learning activities for Candy Day are a fun way to bring candy into your homeschool!
- If your kids love the night sky, make these marshmallow constellations using marshmallows and toothpicks.
- Dissolve Skittles (or any other kind of candy) for a delicious science experiment!
- Build an edible solar system. Kids will go nuts for this one!
- Design a candy catapult for a fun engineering project.
- Find out which candies melt in this science experiment.
- Inflate a balloon with candy in this fun science project.
- Learn what candy will sink or float in this science project.
Candy Art Activities
Try some of these candy art activities on National Candy Day this year.
- This Starburst Mosaic is a fun way to use candy without eating it.
- Transform Twizzlers into bracelets!
- Can candy become paint?
- Nerds actually make a wonderfully bright paint!
- Transform sticky candies into clay in this fun activity.
- Make Koolaid rock candy.
Candy Science Experiments
- Pop Rock Science Experiment
- Oreo Moon Phases
- Candy Water Displacement Experiment
- Edible Geode Science Experiment
- Candy Animal Cells
- Candy Science Races
Our Favorite Candy Books
These books are candy-themed and a whole lot of fun!
- he Candy Corn Contest
- The Candy Shop War
- The Candy Smash
- Candy Experiments
- The Candymakers and the Great Chocolate Chase
- The Candy Fairies
- Many Luscious Lollipops
- The Hershey’s Milk Chocolate Fraction Book
- The Candy Conspiracy
- Curious George Goes to a Chocolate Factory
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (check out the activities for Roland Dahl Day)
- Math Candy