Did you know that November 4th is National Candy Day? This is the perfect time to take some of the candy that your children may have gathered in October and use it for educational purposes this month. These fun candy activities are perfect for making learning fun with preschool, pre k, kindergarten, first grader, and 2nd grade students.
National Candy Day
I love these silly holidays as they are a great way to bring hands-on learning into the classroom. Kids will love these National Candy Day Learning Activities where they can learn all about candy in a variety of ways. These candy projects are fun for preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, and grade 2 students.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love these candy science projects, candy literacy ideas, candy math, candy art, and more!
Teach children to read with these fun candy-themed learning activities.
- Learn sight words with the Candyland sight word game!
- The candy train game helps new readers learn sight words. This game could also be modified for older students.
- Learn to spell with M&Ms!
- Teach symbolism to older kids using lollipops.
- Teach letters to young kids with candy alphabet bingo!
International Day Candy Day
Learning activities for Candy Day are a fun way to bring candy into your homeschool!
- If your kids love the night sky, make these marshmallow constellations using marshmallows and toothpicks.
- Dissolve Skittles (or any other kind of candy) for a delicious science experiment!
- Build an edible solar system. Kids will go nuts for this one!
- Design a candy catapult for a fun engineering project.
- Find out which candies melt in this science experiment.
- Inflate a balloon with candy in this fun science project.
- Learn what candy will sink or float in this science project.
Candy Art Activities
Try some of these candy art activities on National Candy Day this year.
- This Starburst Mosaic is a fun way to use candy without eating it.
- Transform Twizzlers into bracelets!
- Can candy become paint?
- Nerds actually make a wonderfully bright paint!
- Transform sticky candies into clay in this fun activity.
- Make Koolaid rock candy.
Candy Science Experiments
- Pop Rock Science Experiment
- Oreo Moon Phases
- Candy Water Displacement Experiment
- Edible Geode Science Experiment
- Candy Animal Cells
- Candy Science Races
Our Favorite Candy Books
- The Candy Corn Contest
- The Candy Shop War
- The Candy Smash
- Candy Experiments
- The Candymakers and the Great Chocolate Chase
- The Candy Fairies
- Many Luscious Lollipops
- The Hershey’s Milk Chocolate Fraction Book
- The Candy Conspiracy
- Curious George Goes to a Chocolate Factory
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (check out the activities for Roland Dahl Day)
- Math Candy
We love celebrating fun holidays and fun days throughout the year! We have lots more special days throughout the year with activities to inspire you to create memories with your kids:
- Did you know there is a national Dice Day on December 4th? Try these dice games for kids
- Try these candy cane activities for National Candy Cane Day on December 26th
- After Christmas comes Three Kings Day for Kids on January 6th
- Celebrate Penguin Day on January 20th with these penguin crafts and activities
- Fun crafts and activities to celebrate Chinese New Year for Kids
- Carnival Crafts and Activities for National Carnival Day February 26
- These moon activities for kids will take you out of this world for National Moon Day on July 20th
- National Honey Bee Day is August 17th, celebrate with these bee activities for kids
- Learn about author Roald Dahl on September 13th with these roald dahl craft ideas
- Enjoy National Chocolate Day in Octoboer with these chocolate activities
- Become a super hero on Batman Day this September 15th with batman crafts and activities
- August 3rd is Watermelon Day, celebrate with these watermelon activities
- Sweeten your next July 15th with these gummy worm games for Gummy Worm Day
- Happy Birthday Donald Duck! Join in on the celebration this June 9th with these Donald Duck Day activities
- Head down to Seasame Street for these sesame street crafts for Sesame Street Day on November 10th
- Eat up on October 4th and celebrate Taco Day with these taco crafts
- Kids will love celebrating the largest living land mammal with these elephant activities to celebrate World Elephant Day on August 12th
- Mark your calendar for one of two donut days on June 7th and try these fun donut activities
- Celebrate Eric Carle’s birthday March 2nd with these hungry caterpillar crafts
- We celebrate Dr. Seuss day on his birthday on March 2nd with these fun dr seuss activities
- The 2nd week of mark is Bubble week! Join in on the fun with these bubble activities
- Let’s hear it for National Popcorn Day on January 19th with these poporn crafts
- Stay in your pjs for the Festival of Sleep Day on January 3rd and try one of these pajama day activities
- Grab some candy and try one of these activities for National Candy Day on November 4th.
- Make one of these mad hatter hat ideas to celebrate Mad Hatter Day on Octoboer 6th
- Show your patriotism by celebrating Flag Day on June 14th with one of these flag day activities
- Kids will go nuts over these jelly bean crafts for National Jelly Bean Day on April 22nd.
- Teach kids about our amazing planet on Earth Day this April 22nd with these Earth Day crafts
- Learn about frogs on Save the Frogs Day this April 30th with these frog activities
- May the 4th be with you on Star Wars Day! Try one of these star wars crafts today
- Celebrate Dental Health Month in February with these clever dental crafts
- 20 FUN peanut butter crafts to Celebrate National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day on April 2nd