Tell the story of Joseph for kids at home, Sunday School lesson, or homeschool coop and then use this fun Joseph coat of many colors craft to help them remember the most important parts. This Joseph Sunday School lesson is perfect for preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd graders too. Simply print the Joseph Sunday School craft template and you are ready to go!
Joseph Coat of Many Colors Craft
Bible stories are important ways that we can teach our children about being a good person. Some bible stories teach how to love one another while others teach about sin, just as two examples. Sometimes these teachings can be slightly too complicated for children, so incorporating crafts and activities can help them grasp at least the basic concept of the story. This Joseph’s Coat Of Many Colors Craftivity is super simple to prep, so it is perfect for Sunday School, but it also will help you teach the story within the bible.
Joseph sunday school lesson
Story of Joseph for kids
The story of Joseph and the Coat Of Many Colors is a good one. Joseph’s father Jacob (also called Israel) favored him and gave Joseph the coat as a gift. Because Joseph is the only one that got the coat, he was envied by his brothers. These brothers saw this coat as special and believed that because Joseph was the one to receive it that he would be taking over the leadership of their family.
Most of his brothers plotted against him to kill him, because they had such immense hate towards them. One brother convinced them to hold him captive instead. Years passed and Joseph was not a leader. Joseph could have been angry towards his brothers for what they did, for how much they hated him. Instead he chose forgiveness over resentment. He had the perfect opportunity to take revenge on his brothers, once he became a leader, but he chose not to.
God loved; therefore, He gave. He took action. As God’s children, we are called to love others, even though they may be imperfect or hard to love. … Those are the times when we have the richest opportunity of all, the chance to “forgive as the Lord forgave you”
This is an important story for children to learn. Love all of God’s children as God does. Forvige them for the mistakes that they make, no matter how large.
Joseph sunday school craft
This craftivity is a super simple one. All you need is the printable, clothes pins and your coloring utensils of choice. We chose colored pencils.
Color the coat in as many colors and patterns as you wish.
On the clothes pins, write the main parts of the story in one or a few words. We used Joseph, Jealousy, Family, Honesty and Leadership.
The purpose of the words on the clothes pins is to help children remember the story. There are no right or wrong words to put on the clothes pins.
Joseph coat craft
A few other word suggestions are:
Coat of many colors Activity
After children color the coat how they would wish, you can choose to cut out the coat or leave it whole. Write the words that the children specify on the clothes pins, then attach to the bottom of the coat.
Learn the Books of the Bible
Here are several fun activities we’ve used to help the kids learn the books of the Bible. They are well suited to most kids in elementary school. You may also like or Books of the Bible Snack, Books of the Bible bulletin board, and books of the Bible bookmark.
- Pool Noodle Books of the Bible Games for Kids
- Hopscotch Books of the Bible Games
- 66 Books of the Bible Game for Kids
- Cup Books of the Bile Games
- Leaves Books of the Bible Games
- Learning the books of the bible with Lego
- Discs Books of the Bible Games
- Army of Spoons Books of the Bible Games
- Free Bible Bookcase Printable
Bible Printables for Kids
- Free printable books of the bible bookmarks templates
- Printable Bible Verses (verse cards for kids and families)
- Free Printable Sermon Notes for Kids (works with any sermon)
- Creation BINGO Printable Game
- Printable Jelly Bean Gospel for Kids
- Creation Crafts for Kids
- Free Printable Scripture Cards pdf
- Bible Verse Copywork
- Cain and Abel Craft
- Sin Entered the World Sin Craft for Kids
- Beatitudes Sunday school lesson
- Jesus Feeds the 5000 Craft
- Lost Sheep Craft
- See all our many Free Sunday School Lessons
Coat Of Many Colors Story
By using materials from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use only (to share please direct others to this post to grab their own set!)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!