Help kids practice counting money with this really fun Hungry Caterpillars Game. This free printable Money Games for kids is inspired by The Hungry Caterpillar and allows students to practice counting coins and making change as they eat their way though the book one apple, pickle, cupcake, at a time. This free money ames is such a fun money activity for kids from kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd graders. Simply print money printables and you are ready to play and learn this coin game for kids
Hungry Caterpillar Game
Practice makes perfect when kids are learning how to count money. First they need to recognize which American coins are which: penny, nickel, dime, quarter, half dollar, and dollar bills. Then they need to know what each coins is worth. Finally, they need to learn to add up various amounts from coins. This money game for kids allows kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, and grade 3 students to practice those important skills while having fun. This money game online is a fun hungry caterpillar activity where you help your caterpillar buy the food they need to grow into a beautiful butterfly. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this money games to make practicing FUN!
Money games for kids
Coin games for kids
Besides the free printable hungry caterpillars money games below, you’ll need one dice and play money.
The money sorting mat (pictured above) is especially helpful for Preschool and Kindergarten age kids just learning to recognize money.
Money games online
This fun money game for kids is inspired by The Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle. It has various ways to play so that it is appropriate for Preschool, Kindergarten, 1st grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd grade kids.
This is such a fun, simple money game for up to 4 kids! Just print, laminate, and follow the directions for either version for Preschool-3rd grade.
Note: It works great for kids of various levels to play together.
Kid play money
Younger children play the game by completing their “shopping list” and paying for the food by using the coins needed guide. They do not need to count more than 1-4. They will match the money picture with the coin to pay for their caterpillars food.
Money Activity for Kids
Older children (1st-3rd grade) will have fun practicing counting money as they try to get their caterpillar the most food.
Not only was it LOTS of fun to play, but it was great practice too!
Free Money Games
See this money game in action!
The Very Hungry Caterpillar Printables
Plus don’t miss these very hungry caterpillar printables!
- Super cute, HUGE pack of FREE The Very Hungry Caterpillar Worksheets
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar Days of the Week Printables
- Free The Very Hungry Caterpillar Printables Tracing Numbers Worksheets
- Learning about Money Hungry Caterpillar Game Printable
- THe Very Hungry Caterpillar Flashcards – NUMBERS
- Hundreds Chart Coloring The Very Hungry Caterpillar Worksheets
- 26 Super Cute The Very Hungry Caterpillar Crafts and Activities
- Plus, don’t miss our Hungry Caterpillar Birthday Party
- Caterpillar CVC Words Activities
Looking for more fun, free printable Counting Money Worksheets and games to make practicing counting American money.
- Color by Coin Worksheet
- Money Booklet for learning about American money
- Hungry Caterpillars Counting Money Game
- Mini Golf Money Practice
- Counting Coins Games Clip Cards
- 25 Fun Money Games
- Coin Puzzles – Printable Money Games
- Carnival Subtracting Money Games
- Robot Counting Money Practice
- 25 Money Math Games
- Grocery Store Money Task Cards
- Parts of a Dollar flip Book
- Bankable Counting Money Activities
- Cut and Paste Money Worksheets
- See all of our many Money for Kids activities for young learners
Don’t miss all our amazing grade 1 worksheets and first grade activities with 300,000+ different ideas to make learning FUN! Or sneak in some seasonal kids activities to make the most of these precious early years!
- Free Printable Worksheets – over 1 million free worksheets by subject or grade!
- Simple Machines for Kids
- Free Alphabet Printables
- LOTS of Free 1st Grade Worksheets
- Free Cut and Paste Worksheets
- 1st Grade Reading Books with printable book list!
- Pre k Worksheets – 5000+ pages of super cute themed worksheets
- Solar System Project Ideas for Kids
- Tons of CVC Activities kids will love
- Free Alphabet Book Printable
- 100 Food Experiments for Kids
- Solar System Worksheets
- Free Kindergarten Worksheets
- Book Report Template
- Music Note Flashcards
- Homemade Bubble Solution
- Disney Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Printable World Map for Kids
Don’t miss all our free 2nd grade worksheets and our other printable worksheets for prek-12th grade students. We have free printable math worksheets, english worksheets, history for kids, cool science experiments, and even fun activities for kids to go with every season and holiday throughout the year!
Hungry Caterpillar Money Games
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics purchased and used with permission from My Clipart Store and Teaching in the Tongass
- This is not a licensed product, it was inspired by the book only.
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!
>> Parent Copy <<
>> TEACHERS Copy <<