Today we are sharing a fun Mother’s Day craft for kids to make for mom for Mother’s Day! Use the free printable included here to color and cut out the flowers. Add a personal touch by tracing the child’s hand which will “hold” the flowers to give to mom! Just so cute!
More Mothers Day Crafts for Kids
- 3D Mothers Day Hand Art
- Spring Flower Hand Art
- Spin Art Flower Craft
- Pasta & Clay Mothers Day Art
- 25 Mothers Day Gifts Kids can Make themselves
- Bead Flower Craft
- Simple Mothers Day Hand Art
- Tape Resist Mothers Day Card
- 25 Mothers Day Card Ideas
Happy Mothers Day Flowers and Handprint Craft
- Download free Happy Mother’s Day Flowers Printable (below)
- Crayons in flower colors
- Construction paper in a color mom will like for the background. We used a light blue.
- Construction paper in a skin-toned color (or use white construction paper and color it the color of your choice)
- green chenille stems
- tacky glue
First, use the printable to color the flowers and flower centers. We used pretty spring colors for the flowers and yellow for the center.
Cut the flowers and circles out and set aside.
Trace the child’s hand onto a piece of construction paper and then cut it out.
With the thumb facing upwards, put some glue on the back of the palm and arm. Don’t put any glue on the fingers.
Glue the hand onto the paper, being sure to leave plenty of room at the top of the paper for the stems and flowers.
Use tacky glue to attach the green chenille stems onto just the palm of the hand. Press and hold for a moment to help the glue adhere.
Next, glue the flowers to the tops of the chenille stems. This will also help hold the stems down. Glue the flower centers onto the flowers in the correct order, making sure it says, “Happy Mother’s Day!”
Now it’s time to make the hand “hold” the flowers. Use tacky glue to put a dot on the finger tips, and then curve them around the stems. Press and hold them down for a bit to help the glue stick.
Let the glue dry and then your Happy Mother’s Day Flowers are complete! I just love how the hand is holding the flowers and I think mom will too.
There is more room near the bottom of the page for a little note to mom as well. She will love it!
Download Happy Mothers Day Flowers and Handprint Craft
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (to use in a coop or classroom please purchase a classroom licensed edition here TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from Graphics by Lemon Elf Studio at Mygrafico
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!