Looking fir a really cute fiery furnace craft to go along with your Sunday School lesson? This Shadrach Meshach and Abednego craft is such a fun Bible craft for toddler, preschool, pre k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd grade students to go along with an Old Testament story on the book of Daniel.
Shadrach Meshach and Abednego Craft
One of my favorite stories from the Bible is about Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah. These Israelites were taken in exile around 605 B.C. Once their their names were changed and they were asked to bow down to the Babylonian king Nebuchadnezzar. They refused and as such, Daniel 3 tells us that they were thrown into a fiery furnace. But God protected them; they didn’t even smell like smoke when they were let out. This fun Shadrach Meshach and Abednego craft is a fun way for children to remember this memorable Bible story for kids.
Whether you are a parent, Sunday School teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this super cute and easy to make Bible craft from the book of Daniel. This craft is perfect for toddlers (with help), preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, and grade 3 students.
Fiery Furnace Craft
I want Bible stories to be fun, exciting, and memorable. So when I teach kids I always include a hands on Bible Activity or Bible Craft for kids. Today’s craft was a favorite with the kids because not only was it fun to make, but they could retell the story with the straw puppets that go along with this memorable Bible Craft!
All you need is a brown paper bag, a sheet each of red, yellow and orange construction paper, a copy of bible characters to make into puppets (I used this one from Danielle’s Place), scissors, tape, and 3 straws.
Color 3 Bible characters so you have a Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego. Now cut them out and tape them to a straw each.
No cut 4 strips vertically of the sheets of paper. Now cut squares and then make jagged fire in the middle of the squares. Next tape several colored squares to the back of your brown paper sack to the “bottom” part of the bag.
Finally, cut a circular hole in the front of your bag. Insert several sheets of “fire” construction paper through the bottom of your window and staple or tape in place. Just insert the blue Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego puppets through the bottom of the bag to put them in the “fire”. The kids will enjoy their craft and reenacting the story.
Note: I used a white crayon to make an angel on the inside back of the window opening.
I also had the kids write their verse on the bottom at the front of the bag. You could also print it on labels that your students could simple peel and stick on their bags.
“He rescues and he saves; he performs signs and wonders in the heavens and on the earth. He has rescued Daniel from the power of the lions.” Daniel 6:27
Learn the Books of the Bible
Here are several fun activities we’ve used to help the kids learn the books of the Bible. They are well suited to most kids in elementary school. You may also like or Books of the Bible Snack or the Books of the Bible bulletin board.
- Books of the Bible bookmark
- Pool Noodle Books of the Bible Games for Kids
- 66 Books of the Bible Game for Kids
- Cup Books of the Bile Games
- Leaves Books of the Bible Games
- Learning the books of the bible with Lego
- Discs Books of the Bible Games
- Army of Spoons Books of the Bible Games
- Free Bible Bookcase Printable
Bible Printables for Kids
- Free printable books of the bible bookmarks templates
- Printable Bible Verses (verse cards for kids and families)
- Free Printable Sermon Notes for Kids (works with any sermon)
- Creation BINGO Printable Game
- Lampstand Zechariah the Prophet Craft
- Printable Jelly Bean Gospel for Kids
- Lesson from Nahum
- Prophet Ezekiel Craft
- Daniel and the Lions Den Craft
- Shadrach meshach and abednego craft
- Nehemiah Inspects the Wall Pipe Cleaner Glasses Craft
- Old Testament good and bad kings of the bible
- Joseph Coat of Many Color Craft
- Moses and the Red Sea Craft
- Jesus Ascension Craft
- Four Friends Bible Story
- See all our many Free Sunday School Lessons