If you are looking for a fun, easy-to-use homeschool curriculum package that includes lots of great literature to make learning fun, you will love BookShark. BookShark is a fully planned home-school curriculum that will help your homeschooler succeed! There are home-school materials for all ages from pr- k – high school.
Read this review of Bookshark based on our personal experience evaluating the material. Although we were compensated for our time, the opinions expressed below are uniquely ours.
Whether you are a seasoned homeschooling family or just starting to home educate, you will love that BookShark makes it easy for parents to teach their children!
I get so giddy when I open up a box of homeschool curriculum! Please tell me I’m not the only one. It is a chance to learn something new, to start a year fresh, and to set new goals. But my favorite part is getting a new curriculum I get to explore and when all our BOOKS get here! I love books and my kids are most definitely bookworms. The better we are at something the more we tend to like to do it. I love that books take us to a different period in time, country, culture, or experience that we couldn’t otherwise experience.
So when I was asked if I’d like to take a peek at BookShark’s book-based curriculum, I eagerly said YES! Better yet, it was even better than I expected! For the purpose of this review I received Intro to American History and Conservation, Robotics, and Technology.
Here are my favorite features as we used this curriculum:
- Lots of great books both fiction and nonfiction to help us dive into a new period of history
- Well organized manual so I could easily see what we should be learning that day
- Hands-on Activities such as science experiments and interactive maps
What We Love about BookShark Curriculum
Here are some general things we LOVE about this book based homeschool curriculum:
- Levels not Grades – this allows you to group children close in age to learn together and to allow children to advance at their own natural pace
- Book Based – no boring textbooks in this program! Rather it includes engaging literary fiction and nonfiction, biographies, illustrations, and hands-on experiments to deliver an engaging and complete education
- 4 days a Week – Easy-to-use teacher manual includes lesson plans based on a four day a week curriculum so your family can spend a day on what interests your family most – field trips, co-ops, community classes, art classes, community service, etc.
Homeschool Curriculum that Makes Teaching Stress-free
Are you ready to love homeschooling? Choosing a homeschool curriculum that puts all the different pieces together seamlessly for you is a great way to take the stress out of being a homeschooling mom! Your complete homeschool curriculum varies slightly based on your students grade, but will mostly include:
- Instructor’s Guides – easy to understand with tabs for each week
- History & Geography – we love to cuddle up and learn about history together
- Read-Alouds – no more stressing about picking the best books for kids – they’ve picked them for you!
- Readers – to help your child thrive reading books meant for their reading level for them to naturally learn spelling, building sentences, composing thoughts, and more.
- Language Arts – English grammar skills essential for success. If you want to add a vocabulary program, the guide includes what lessons to complete in optional Wordly Wise (our family uses this!)
- Handwriting – using Handwriting without Tears
- Spelling – uses Spelling You See
- Math – using Math U See
- Science – include both readers, non fiction books, and TOPS science experiments to give you a fun, well rounded program
- Required Resources as outlined in the teachers manual (markable maps, etc.)
We thoroughly enjoyed the selection of literature the curriculum included – from well loved classics to new favorites. Reading about American history from historical fiction and engaging books such as World Wars grabbed my children’s attention much better than a dry textbook.
The pace set by the curriculum is not so aggressive it will leave you feeling behind. When we wanted to take off a week, we were easily able to make it up. We love that it is a 4 day program which left us our Fridays free for exploring nature, cooking, and learning at local museums.
If your family loves books and is ready to get a huge stack of fun-to-read books, check out this link to BookShark.