Hand Craft for KidsThis craft can have many uses, but we used in in our Sunday school class to go with our lesson on how Jesus healed a man’s shriveled hand in Matthew 10:12-13.
This craft works well for Preschool, Kindergarten, 1st grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd grade kids.
You will want to cut hands out of brightly colored construction paper.
I highly suggest cutting out the hands ahead of time as it is difficult for younger kids to cut out fingers carefully and can be frustrating for them. You can use a die cut machine, but I found it faster to just stack 5-7 sheets and cut them all out together.
Kids then tap (or you could glue) hands to make a circle. We found that 7 was the perfect number and made a good size circle.
Kids then wrote by themselves or with help ideas of how they can use their hands to serve Jesus by helping others. Some of the ideas included:
- set the table
- do my best in school
- hold the door open for someone else
- hug my grandma
- rake neighbors leaves
- clapping praise during worship
Old Testament Sunday School Lessons
- Nahum Prophet to Nineveh Craft (K-3rd)
- Prophet Ezekiel Pinwheel Craft (K-3rd)
- Daniel & the Lion's Den Lion Pillow Craft (K-3rd)
- Shadrack, Mishak & Abednigo Fiery Furnace Craft
- Zerubbabel Leads the Israelites Home Pennant (coming soon)
- Zechariah Lampstand Craft (coming soon)
- Nehemiah Inspects the Wall
- Old Testament Kings Review Activity (K-4th)