Have fun memorizing verses or passages of scripture in your homeschool with these easy to make and fun to use Scripture Memory Puzzles! These puzzles are a great hands-on way to memorize bible verses in your Bible curriculum or faith-based after school activities, like Awana!
Memorizing scripture is important to many families; It's actually one of my New Year's Resolutions for my family. Knowing scripture encourages us when we are down, helps us know right from wrong, make decisions, guide us, etc! It also helps us learn and know the Word of God!
To help my 3rd grader memorize various Bible verses, I made some easy Scripture Memory Puzzles using foam. Alternatively, you could use card stock or construction paper, however I would encourage you to laminate them for durability!
Bible Verse Game
Choose a verse or two that you would like your child to memorize. Write the verse on a piece of foam. Give yourself plenty of space to write the verse so that you can cut it apart.
Next, cut out the verse into a puzzle with a pair of scissors. You could do this several different ways.
1. Cut the memory verse line by line.
2. Cut the scripture verse by word. Another fun way to use this scripture memory puzzle is to add magnets to the back and use it on the fridge!
3. Or, practice memorizing a scripture verse is by cutting the verse into an actual puzzle.
Once your Scripture Memory Puzzles are ready, mix up the pieces and have your child enjoy this hands-on way to work on memorizing those verses by putting the puzzles back together!
Bible Activities for Kids
- Joseph's Coat of Many Colors Craft
- Noah's Ark Preschool Craft
- 7 Bible Verse Games (work with any verse)
- Memorizing Luke 2 for Families (printable)
- Books of the Bible Scramble (printable game)
- Army of Spoons
- Lego Books of the Bible
Kristina once thought of going into education, but changed her mind a few years in to her degree. Ironically, she now has her hands full as a homeschooling mother of four. With children of various ages from infant to 7, she shares a variety of educational and play activities for babies through elementary age children on School Time Snippets. Follow along on Facebook and Pinterest.