Help kids remember their Bible lesson at home or in Sunday School lesson with this cute daniel and the lions den craft. This daniel and the lion’s den craft is a really fun Bible craft kids will love making. I like that it isn’t the traditional paper craft, but is still super simple for kids of all age to make from preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, and 4th graders too.
Daniel and the lions den craft
This simple, fun-to-make daniel and the lions den craft is perfect for preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, and grade 4 students. After reading the story from Daniel 6 in your Bible, it’s time to make this cute daniel and the lion’s den craft elementary. Children will need to be able to tie a knot to complete the daniel and lions den craft project. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this daniel in the lions den craft for your next BIble lesson. I love when stories come alive and they have something to take home. This encourages them to retell the Bible story they learned which helps reinforce the story!
Daniel and the lion’s den craft elementary
All you need to make this lion craft for kids are a few simple materials:
- yellow and oarnage fleece (size depends on how big you want the lion pillow to be)
- sharpie marker
- googly eyes (optional)
- black felt triangle (optional)
- glue gun (optional)
Daniel and the lion’s den craft
Cut out a yellow and an orange circle from fleece. The circles can be as large as you like, but you will want them to be at least as big as a standard plate.
Now cut stilts ever 1-2” all the way around the fleece leaving a circle in the middle that is uncut for the lion’s face. That is how big the lion face will be.
Color on a lion face using permanent sharpie markers. You can use a glue gun to add google eyes and a felt triangle nose if you prefer.
Bible Crafts for Kids
Now tie a yellow and an orange slit together. A single knot is sufficient. Now continue around the circle until all but 4 slits are tied together. Now add cotton balls or stuffing between the layers to stuff you lion pillow. Finish by tying the remaining few slits together.
Daniel in the Lion’s Den Craft
Here is a close up view of the tied together slits making the lion’s mane.
Daniel and lions den craft
This lion pillow craft is perfect for a L is for Lion preschool unit or a Daniel and the Lion’s Den Bible Craft.
If you are making a Bible craft you may want to write or attach the following verse on the back:
“He rescues and he saves; he performs signs and wonders in the heavens and on the earth. He has rescued Daniel from the power of the lions.” Daniel 6:27
Learn the Books of the Bible
Here are several fun activities we’ve used to help the kids learn the books of the Bible. They are well suited to most kids in elementary school. You may also like or Books of the Bible Snack or the Books of the Bible bulletin board.
- Books of the Bible bookmark
- Pool Noodle Books of the Bible Games for Kids
- 66 Books of the Bible Game for Kids
- Cup Books of the Bile Games
- Leaves Books of the Bible Games
- Learning the books of the bible with Lego
- Discs Books of the Bible Games
- Army of Spoons Books of the Bible Games
- Free Bible Bookcase Printable
Bible Printables for Kids
- Free printable books of the bible bookmarks templates
- Printable Bible Verses (verse cards for kids and families)
- Free Printable Sermon Notes for Kids (works with any sermon)
- Creation BINGO Printable Game
- Lampstand Zechariah the Prophet Craft
- Wandering in the wilderness sunday school lesson
- Printable Jelly Bean Gospel for Kids
- Lesson from Nahum
- Prophet Ezekiel Craft
- Daniel and the Lions Den Craft
- Shadrach meshach and abednego craft
- Nehemiah Inspects the Wall Pipe Cleaner Glasses Craft
- Old Testament good and bad kings of the bible
- Joseph Coat of Many Color Craft
- Moses and the Red Sea Craft
- Jesus Ascension Craft
- Four Friends Bible Story
- See all our many Free Sunday School Lessons