Next up in our trek through the Old Testament for kids, we dove into wandering in the wilderness sunday school lesson. We talked about the Israelites (who had left Egypt via the parting of the Red Sea) and were now grumbling and complaining as they wandered through the desert. Here are a couple fun Bible activities to make your lesson about the Israelites in the Desert come alive and keep kids engaged from preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, and 4th graders too.
Wandering in the wilderness sunday school lesson
If you are looking for some fun israelites in the wilderness activities to make your story from Numbers be engagine and memorable. This wandering in the wilderness Sunday School lesson is perfect for preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, and grade 4 students. From our gathering manna activity to favorite food large group activity and a cute Manna and squail Bible craft too.
Israelites in the wilderness activities
Gather Manna Activity. Scatter an entire bag of cotton balls around the room. Instruct the kids to collect as much of the manna as they would need to eat for a day. Tell them that God asked the Israelites to only collect what they needed for the day (or two days if the next day was the Sabbath).
In the wilderness, God provided for the physical needs of His people. God heard the complaints of the people and sent them food to eat. He provided for them so that they would know that He is God. The Israelites were instructed to only gather enough to eat each day.
Favorite foods Large Group Activity
Instruct the kids to stand the middle of the room. Designate one wall to be “I like it” and the other wall to be “I don’t like it.” Explain that you are going to call out different foods, and if the kids like that food they will run to the “I like it” wall. If they don’t like that food, they will run to the “I don’t like it” wall. Call out foods like the following:
- birthday cake
- ice cream
- tuna sandwiches
- Brussels sprouts
- fried chicken
Manna & Quail Bible Craft for Kids
- brown paper bag
- Stapler or tape
- Peep (per child)
- Popcorn (1/2 cup per child)
We also sang this song which we did as part of Group VBS a couple years ago. It goes perfectly with this song and has such great lyrics!
Learn the Books of the Bible
Here are several fun activities we’ve used to help the kids learn the books of the Bible. They are well suited to most kids in elementary school. You may also like or Books of the Bible Snack or the Books of the Bible bulletin board.
- Books of the Bible bookmark
- Pool Noodle Books of the Bible Games for Kids
- 66 Books of the Bible Game for Kids
- Cup Books of the Bile Games
- Leaves Books of the Bible Games
- Learning the books of the bible with Lego
- Discs Books of the Bible Games
- Army of Spoons Books of the Bible Games
- Free Bible Bookcase Printable
Bible Printables for Kids
- Free printable books of the bible bookmarks templates
- Printable Bible Verses (verse cards for kids and families)
- Free Printable Sermon Notes for Kids (works with any sermon)
- Creation BINGO Printable Game
- Lampstand Zechariah the Prophet Craft
- Printable Jelly Bean Gospel for Kids
- Wandering in the wilderness sunday school lesson
- Lesson from Nahum
- Prophet Ezekiel Craft
- Daniel and the Lions Den Craft
- Shadrach meshach and abednego craft
- Nehemiah Inspects the Wall Pipe Cleaner Glasses Craft
- Old Testament good and bad kings of the bible
- Joseph Coat of Many Color Craft
- Moses and the Red Sea Craft
- Jesus Ascension Craft
- Four Friends Bible Story
- See all our many Free Sunday School Lessons
Such awesome ideas! Thank you! My preschool Sunday school class will love these. Just stumbled upon your sight, so glad I did! Thank you!