Helping Homeschoolers Practice Vowels in Language ArtsI came up with this game to help my kiddos be able to identify vowels. I want them to understand that you need vowels to build things. Did you know there is no word in the English language without a vowel! (Note the title of each picture shows the vowel shape used to make the word!) This game will also reinforce shapes, colors, and use great math skills. If I do say so myself, I think this is a pretty awesome game!
FREE Vowel Shapes Game
- Photo Stacking Blocks (dice) Inserts
- 6 vowel shape pictures
- Vowel Shape Game Pieces
How to Play Vowel Shapes Game:
- Roll the dice to see what vowel shape you get. Ask your child, “What vowel did you get?”
- Pick up the vowel shape you roll (if you still need it) & place it on your picture.
- Keep playing until somebody finishes their picture – they win!
Learning about Vowels Game Options:
- You can all do the same picture
- For younger children, you can play without mentioning the vowels & simple play with colors or shapes
- You can play non-competitively: if you already have the vowel shape you rolled you can give it to someone else. Keep playing until everyone’s picture is completed
- For older children, you can have children build the picture without building right on the template to make it harder!
Download FREE Vowel Shapes Game
- By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
Homeschooling with FREE Printable Game
- Dinosaur Bones Punctuation Game
- Bug Sight Word Game
- Habitat Adventure Game
- Roll into Geography Game
- Doggy Addition Game
- Punctuation Car File Folder Game
- Smore Sentence Card Game
- Oregon Trail Skip Counting Game
- Marshmallow Incident's Noun / Verb Sort Game
- Subtraction Aquarium Fish Game
- Sight Word BINGO
- Noun / Verb Food Sorting Game