Get ready to make science fun for kids with over 100 EPIC Science Experiments for kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, 5th grade, and 6th grade students.
If you are like me, you love the idea of adding science to your day. Trying fun, hands on activities that make science come alive and create WOW moments kids will always remember. But sometimes it can be overwhelming to know where to start and what to try with your kids.
Here are over 100 must try science experiments and activities for kids of all ages. I’ve arranged them by type of science for your convenience. Scroll through and check out some really fun ideas and pin them, save this email, and you will be ready to add in some EPIC educational activities that will make learning fun. What will you try first?
Physics Science Experiments
Whether you are exploring laws of motion, sound waves, or light, physics is everywhere! Physics is the study of energy, mass, motion, and how they all fit together. Any physics activity will focus on how motion and energy work together and covers basic topics like gravity, inertia, acceleration, and how energy is made.
Examples include: Work & Energy, Newton’s Law’s of Motion, Radial Forces, Gravity, and Balance, Magnetism, Electricity, Optics & Sound, and Heat, Liquids, and Air: Thermodynamics, Hydrodynamics, & Aerodynamics
- Easy Lego Zipline
- Simple Radiation And Conduction Experiment
- Levers and Pulleys Simple Machines Lesson
- Wedges & Screws Simple Machines Lesson
- Gears Simple Machines Lesson
- Wheel and Axle Simple Machines Lesson
- Inclined Planes Simple Machines Lesson
- Candy and Simple Machine Science Project (explores gravity!)
- 30 Simple Machine Projects for Kids
- Water Balloon Science Experiment
Physics Science Experiments for Kids
- Why does it Float? (Hydrodynamics for Kids)
- Rainbow Density Science Experiment
- Water Displacement Candy Science Experiment
- Minions Squishy Circuits
- 12 Hands-on Battery Experiments for Kids
- SIMPLE Radiation and Conduction Experiment
- Watermelon Kinetic & Potential Energy Experiment
- Centrifugal Force Flower Art Project
- Lego Balance Activity
- Homemade Steady Hand Game – Introduction to Electricity
- How to make a Compass – observing magnets in nature
- Homemade Battery Science Experiment
- Dancing Science Experiment (electricity)
- Balloon Charged Atoms – Static Electricity Experiment
- Vision Science Experiment
- Ear Anatomy Science Project
Science for Kids
- Water Xylophone Activity exploring sound
- Thermodynamics Science Experiment for kids with Slime
- Amazing Color Changing Playdough (experimenting with thermodynamics)
- Marbled Note Cards Created With Science
- Why do Boats Float (Hydrodynamics)
- Dancing Raisins Science Experiment (Chemistry & Physics)
- Anti Gravity Science Experiment
- Colorful Oil and Water Science Experiment (hydrodynamics: how water moves)
- Walking Water Science Experiment
- How do Airplanes Fly (aerodynamics)
- Rudolph Races: A Physics Game
- Gummy Bear Edible Slime
- Ice Cream in a Bag explores the physics of heat exchange, you also make an endothermic chemical reaction!
- Air Pressure Science Project – sucking a drink through a straw and sucking an egg into a bottle are two awesome ways to explore the physics of air pressure.
Chemistry Science Experiments
Chemistry is the branch of science that studies the properties of matter and how matter interacts with energy. Chemistry is considered a physical science and is closely related to physics.
- Pop Rocks Science Experiment for Kids kids can learn about chemical reactions and make lots of hypothesis about what will happen and why.
- Fizzing Lemonade is a delicious way to learn about bases and acids.
- Homemade Butter Science is almost magical as you watch simple movement change the chemistry of the cream!
- Kool Aid Rock Candy allows kids to learn about how crystals form has never been more delicious!
- Jelly Bean STEM Rainbow allows a great opportunities to practice scientific thinking during the fun experiment.
- Plastic Milk Science Experiment
Chemistry Science Experiments for Kids
- DIY Lava Lamps explore chemical reactions
- Color Changing Acid-Base Experiment
- Colorful Polymer Chemistry Experiment
- How Diapers Work – Science Experiment for Kids
- Fun Bubble Experiment – What’s not to love about bubbles? Your students will learn so much about chemistry with this experiment, all while having fun!
- Diffusion Watercolor Art – Chemistry can be found anywhere, including art. This chemistry experiment will highlight this fact as your students create a masterpiece.
- Leprechaun Rocks – Combine chemistry and St. Patrick’s Day with this fun experiment. Kids will get hands-on science practice while also celebrating St. Patrick’s Day.
- How to Grow Crystals Science Experiment
- Look Inside a Volcano Project
- Why do Leaves Change Colors – chromatography experiment
- Simple Chemical Reaction Experiment – It’s fun to watch how different compounds react with each other. That’s what makes this simple chemical reaction experiment so fun!
Science Experiments for Kids
- Easy, Beautiful Flower Chromatography Experiment
- Dinosaur Eruptions Science Play
- Oobleck Science Activity
- Borax Crystal Christmas Trees
- Crystal Egg Geodes Science Experiment
- Fluid Science Experiment – This experiment will give your students a great visual for how chemistry works. They’ll enjoy experimenting with different fluids, comparing reactions for each.
Earth Science Experiments
There are many fields of science that are part of Earth science including geology (rocks and minerals), paleontology (dinosaurs and fossils), meteorology (atmosphere and the weather), and oceanography just to name a few.
- Edible Rock Classification a clever way to learn about different rock formations.
- Air Pressure Science Project
- Simple Surface Tension Science Experiment
- Plant Life Cycle
- Creating Frost Science Experiments
- Ocean Unit for Kids (with hands on experiments)
Earth Science Experiments for Kids
- D is for Dinosaur (become a paleontologist)
- Dinosaur fossil & dig
- What is the Earth made of playdough layers of earth and cupcake core samples
- How Big is a Raindrop Science Experiment
- Clouds Weather Unit
- Ice, Salt and Temperature Science for Kids
Astronomy Science Experiments
- Oreo Moon Phases turn Oreos into moons with free printable that makes it memorable
- Pipe Cleaner Constellations
- Cootie Catcher Constellations Printable
- Sun for Kids (how planets rotate, solar oven, sundial, and more!)
- The Moon & Astronauts
- Inner Planets (Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars)
- Outer Planets (Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune)
- Pluto, Asteroid Belt, Comets, and Stars
- 24+ Awesome Solar System Projects for Kids
- Swirling Galaxy Science Project
Biology Science Experiments
- Make an Edible Eyeball Model and an Edible Skin Model amazing models are a great way to teach kids about the different structures of the eye and skin.
- All About Fish, Sharks, and Rays
- Edible Licorice DNA
- Sea Turtles for Kids (plus Sea Snakes, Aquatic Frogs, Toads and Salamanders)
- Edible Human Spine Project
- All About Pinnipeds
Biology Science Experiments for Kids
- Easy Flower Science Experiment
- Jello Animal Cells explore the structure of a cell
- Jelly Beans Senses Science Experiments
- All About Echinoderms & Cnidarians (Jellyfish, Sea Stars, Sand Dollars, Coral)
- Human Body Playdough Mats
- All About Crustaceans, Mollusks & Cephalopods
- Human Body Project