Something every child should do during spring is to pick dandelions and make a flower crown.
It’s simple and free kids activity! Here is how to make a flower crown:
Outdoor Kids Activities
Have your child pick dandelions with as much stem on them as they can get. You will want it to be 3-4”, but you can always just pull of any extra.
Hold the stem between both your thumbs. Using your thumb nails press into the middle of the stem and pull apart to create an eyelet. Insert a new dandelion into the small eyelet. Repeat with the stem of dandelion #2.
Continue going until you have a long strong of dandelions that will go around your child’s head. The closer the dandelions are to each other the more dandelions you will need and the fuller it will look. You can put the eyelet whole down on the stem a couple inches to make crowns faster.
How to Make a Flower Crown
Here is our finished flower crown. Making a flower crown is something my kids look forward to every spring!
Looking for more fun pasta projects you can make with your colored pasta? Try these
- How to Dye Pasta the quick and easy way!
- EASY Stained Glass Pasta Art for Kids
- Mosaic Pasta Crafts for Kids
- Dandelion Pasta Craft for Preschoolers
- Cute Bowtie Past Butterfly Craft for Kids
Looking for more outdoor activities for kids and things to do in the summer? Your toddler, preschool, pre k, kindergarten, and elementary age kids will love these fun ideas to keep them busy all summer long:
- Marshmallow Shooters – go over 30 feet!
- 2 ingredient Easy Slime Recipe
- How to Make a Lava Lamp – it’s super EASY!
- Kids will no nuts over this simple Pop Rock Experiment
- Handprint Strawberry Craft for Summer
- Grow Your Own Crystals
- Water Balloon Experiment – exploring densit with an EPIC summer activity for kids
- Amazing Bubble Painting
- Mind Blowing Color Changing Playdough
Summer Activities for Kids
- Egg Shell DIY Chia Pet Craft – Silly Spring / Summer Activities for Kids
- Grass Head Craft for Kids
- Blow GIANT bubbles with this Homemade Bubble Solution
- Outrageously FUN Bubble Painting
- Bleeding Tissue Paper Fireworks Craft
- Beautiful Flower Suncatcher Craft
- 30 Fun June Crafts for Kids
- Must try Lego Zipline
- Exploding Watermelon Science Experiment
- Homemade Chalk Recipe
- 75+ FUN Scavenger Hunts for Kids
- Find activities by month with our June Crafts for kids or our June Activities for Kids!
Fun Summer Activities for Kids
- Ice Cream Edible Playdough
- Whip up a batch of Kool Aid Playdough – it smells amazing!
- Vinegar and Baking Soda Rocket Science Experiment for Kids
- Summer Bucket List Printable with Ice Cream Theme
- How to Make Ice Cream in a Bag
- Ice Cream Playdough Patterns
- Head to the zoo with this FREE Zoo Scavenger Hunt – lots of choices for all ages!
- Make your favorite animal with one of these 100 animal crafts
- Try one of these fun Animal I Spy Printables
- Play with your food using this goldfish counting activity
- After seeing the frogs at the pond, grab this free life cycle of a frog worksheet
- Avoid the summer learning loss by practicing math with these crack the code worksheets
- First Day of Summer Craft
- Create this gorgeous stained glass art for kids
- 107 Epic Summer Activities for Kids