Summer is the perfect time to keep up those preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten pre-reading skills that have been worked on all year. This summer activity for kindergarten allows chidlren to practice matching uppercase and lowercase letterswhile strengthen fine motor skills! Simply download pdf file with summer printable for kids and you are ready to play and learn!
Summer activity for kindergarten
Everything about this time of year just screams summer! We are officially on summer break in our house and enjoying every bit of our down time. Just because school is out though, does not mean that learning needs to stop. Instead, keep kids engaged and learning with fun summer activities for preschoolers and kindergartners. These Summer Fun Alphabet Clip Cards are perfect for summer learning. This free alphabet printable for summer includes 26 summer themed alphabet clip cards. Each clip card has an uppercase letter on it with 3 lowercase letters at the bottom. The goal is to match the uppercase letter to the correct lower case letter and select it with a clothespin!
Summer printable for kids
Print the summer fun alphabet clip cards from the file below. Print and laminate or print on cardstock for extra durability. I find that the little hands in my preschool classroom tend to bend and wrinkle clip cards while trying to get the clothespin on. Put the cards in a basket or tray and add clothespins. My preschoolers prefer to have a clothespin for each clip card, so I make sure to have a bunch out. I love that you can find sets of clothespins at the dollar store!
Summer activities for preschoolers
There is no right or wrong way to play with this set of summer fun alphabet clip cards.
Some kids will go through the cards and clip each correct match with ease. Others will struggle with matching and opening and closing the clothespin on each card. Identify where your child falls and adapt these clip cards to best set your child up for success.
If 26 letters are too many to start with, choose the letters in your child’s name to begin with. After those letters are mastered, keep slowly adding more to the game until all letter of the alphabet are being played with.
Summer learning ideas
If for some reason having 3 lowercase letter choices is too tricky, consider covering up one of the choices with a post-it or coloring one with a dry erase marker if you’ve laminated them. Having to choose from 2 choices may be less frustrating at first!
Summer worksheets for kindergarten
Looking for more fun, summer theme educational activities for prek and kinders? Check out these free summer printables!
- Summer Letter Matching Alphabet Puzzles
- Learn about life cycles with these ladybug life cycle worksheet
- Garden Kindergarten sight Word Activities
- Pail and Shovel Matching Letter Game for Summer
- I Spy Pirate Game
- Summer Handwriting Worksheets
- Hands-on Ice Cream Compound Word Activity
- Garden theme Telling Time Worksheets
- Seed FInd the Letter Summer Worksheets for Kindergarten
- Summer Lego Challenge
- Water Gun Parts of Speach Game
- Playdough Counting Mat Activity with Watermelon Seed Printable
- Summertime Dot Art Printables
- Free Printable Beach Worksheets
- Cute Flip Flip Letter Matching
- Bubble Math Worksheets
- Strawberry Picking Summer Rhyming Activity
Summer Worksheets for Kids
- Smores Kindergarten Math Worksheets
- Smore complete sentence game
- Cute Summer Worksheets for Preschoolers
- Fun Summer Color by Number pages to work on number recognition and hand muscles
- Work on writing with these June Writing Prompts
- Convenient Summer Writing Prompts with ruled lines and pictures to color
- Pool Summer Worksheets for Preschoolers
- HUGE pack of Garden Worksheets to practice a variety of math and literacy skills
- Summer Number Recognition Coloring Worksheets
- Cute Watermelon Seed Counting Worksheet
- Skip Counting Summer Worksheets
- Simple, Free Beach Coloring Pages
- Summer Activity Pages
- Seashell Alphabet Matching Activity
- Firefly Math Printable Counting Game
- Free Summer Worksheets for Kindergarten
- Sight Word Mazes – Summer Worksheets for Kindergarten
- Sun Summer Tracing Worksheets
- Pool Count and Trace Summer Activities for Kindergarten
- Sandcastle Letter Tracing Summer Activities for Kindergarten
In between reading a good book, sneak in some epic fun with these summer activities for kids of all ages:
- 107 Fun Summer Activities
- How to Make a Lava Lamp
- Water Balls Summer Activity
- Pipe Cleaner Constellations
- Bleeding Tissue Paper Fireworks Craft
- June Activity Calendar
- Exploding Watermelon Science
- Homemade Bubble Solution for GIANT Bubbles
- How to Make Chalk for Summer FUN
- Silly Grass Craft for Kids
Download Summer Fun Alphabet Clip Cards
Before you download your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.