Right in the middle of winter we have one day of festivities and fun to celebrate: National Carnival Day!
National Carnival Day falls on February 26 and is the perfect faux holiday to bridge the gap between Valentine's Day and St. Patrick's Day.
I've rounded up a list of carnival crafts, carnival activities, carnival printables, and carnival books you can use on that day to make it special. Who knows, National Carnival Day might just become one of your new favorite holidays!
National Carnival DayCelebrate this unique holiday in a fun and educational way with these fun ideas.
Carnival CraftsThese carnival crafts will have your kids giggling and laughing all day long, no matter how cold it is outside!
- Make a clown face puppet from Crafts by Amanda.
- Paper plate elephant puppet from I Heart Crafty Things.
- Make a circus tent from Sugar Aunts.
- Paper plate lion mask from Fun Crafts Kids.
- Build your own circus tent from Schooling a Monkey.
- Clown puppets from Kids Activities Blog.
Carnival ActivitiesTry these fun carnival activities on National Carnival Day to celebrate the magic of carnivals.
- Put on your very own carnival magic show from Schooling a Monkey.
- Make your own balance beam from The Chirping Moms.
- Cotton candy play dough from Mama Miss.
- Make your own cracker jacks from Pint Sized Treasures.
- Carnival LEGO mosaics from Childhood 101.
Carnival PrintablesThese carnival-themed printables will make learning a lot more fun.
- Carnival preschool pack from Homeschool Creations.
- Carnival worksheets from 3 Boys and a Dog.
- Carnival math worksheets from Meaningful Mama.
- Carnival math and language printables from Homeschool Creations.
- Carnival coloring sheets from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Carnival BooksRead these books on carnival day or in the days leading up to the holiday.
- Circus Fun
- Carnival of Animals (book & cd)
- The Carnivorous Carnival: A Series of Unfortunate Events
- Olivia and the School Carnival
- Encyclopedia Brown and the Case of the Carnival Crime
- At the Carnival!
Brenda is a full-time writer and homeschooling mom to two girls. Brenda blogs about STEM activities and ADHD homeschooling at Schooling a Monkey. When she isn't working, you'll find Brenda sipping on coffee with her nose in a book.