Kids will have fun coloring, cutting and pasting to make their very own book while practicing sentences, reading comprehension, and sight words at the same time with this Springtime Create-Your-Own Reader.
This activity is suitable for Kindergarten, 1st grade, and 2nd grade students.
Cut & Paste Sentence PracticeComplete directions are included in the free printable, but basically you are going to print front and back to make a black and white Springtime Reader.
Next your student will:
- Color the pictures
- Cut out the word strips and paste them on the correct page to make sentences
- Read the book (because now it has Dolch sight words)
- Optional: Answer the questions on the Reading Comprehension Worksheet included.
More Create-Your-Own Readers
Download Springtime Reader
- By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from Scrappin Doodles License #94836
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!