This is such a fun Bible craft for kids to make. They love that the craft "does something" and helps them to understand what ascends means.
This craft is perfect for at home or Sunday School for Toddler and Preschool with help and Kindergarten-4th grade kids to do mostly on their own.
Jesus Ascends Bible Craft
Here is what you need:
- 1 large (preferably blue) cup per person
- about 12” of yarn per person
- Cotton balls (optional)
- Printable from below (with a Jesus & cloud memory verse per child)
- scissors, tape, and glue
Carefully poke a hole in the top of the cup. For younger children, please do this for them.
Insert about 12” of yarn through the hole. Tape the Jesus figure on the bottom of the yarn going in the cup.
Cut out the cloud verse Matthew 21:9 and tape to the end of the string coming out the top of the cup.
Pull apart pieces of the cotton balls and glue around the cup to make it look like the sky. Now the child can pull on the cloud verse and watch Jesus ascend into the sky up to heaven.
It is a simple craft that is not only doable for Preschool – 3rd graders, but it appeals to them as well.
More Sunday School Printables
- Books of the Bible Scramble Game (1st-4th grade)
- Prayer Book for Kids (Preschool – 3rd grade)
- A to Z Scripture Copywork for Kids
- Psalm 23 BINGO
- Family Seder Meal
- Noah’s Ark Worksheets (Toddler – 1st Grade)
- Easter Resurrection Garden
Download Jesus Ascends Printables
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal or personal classroom use only (to share with others please refer them to this page to download their own copy; thanks!)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Clipart used with permission from Phillip Martin.
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!