This post may contain referral links. Here’s my full disclosure policy
As I was preparing my lesson plan to teach our A is for Apple week I decided we were going to ‘row’ through Five in a Row’s How to Make an Apple Pie and See the World. To really take full advantage of all the globe trotting in the book as she gets all the ingredients to make her apple pie, I decided it was a great time to roll into Geography!
7 Continents Geography Game
So I developed this fun, educational, and age appropriate (3-8+ years) game. It is a fun way to teach the name & location of the continents, reinforce green means go/read means stop, introduce fractions, and have fun going around the world collecting your apple pie ingredients!
The game includes:
- Game board (which I stuck in a page protector. This not only extends the life of the game, but is also great for storing the player pieces & pie pieces).
- 4 animal player pieces in bold primary colors
- 4 Pies (with 6 pieces each – one for each ingredient the book collects to make an apple pie) – I laminated these to extend there life.
- 6 color-coded continent sheets to insert into Constructive Plaything Photo Stacking Cubes (we use these for lots of games & to practice reading Dolche words!)
- Roll the dice (large photo cube with continent Inserts)
- Move your animal player piece to the right (color coded) continent
- If the star on the continent is red there are no ingredients to collect & your turn is done
- If the star is green you can collect an ingredient for your pie (color coded). Note: If you have already collected all the ingredients from that continent your turn is done.
- The first player to have all 6 ingredients to complete their apple pie is the winner.
You are welcome to download the game by clicking on the picture above and use it with your family! You are also welcome to share my website with anyone you like. I had a lot of fun coming up with this game. Just please don’t link them directly to the download. Thanks! Let me know if you try it!