First of all, are you wondering what in the world is a lapbook?
Lapbooks are really fun! Basically they are a compilation of pictures, activities, drawings, information, etc on a certain topic. It is great to have a place to put everything you have learned, made or did. I don’t know about you, but there isn’t enough wall space on our block to put all the special things they make. A lapbook can be a keepsake. Kids (at least mine) go back and look at them time and time again.
Here is how you make it!
Once you have glued, taped, stapled in all your stuff this is what it will look like. Here is our Triple-Folder Lapbook we made for our unit on Caps for Sale. In this lapbook we had:
3. Monkeys of various shapes glued on (to practice arrange small to large, which one is in middle, which one is left, etc)
4. Monkey Party (Pocket with cards that identified the different monkey parts
5. Monkey Letters (Pocket with alphabet cards to remove & arrange)
6. Spanish colored hats glued on
7. Color Book (stapled book inside book to practice colors
8. Hats for sale (I used sticker Velcro on the hats, tree, and above monkey. Kids paid their 50 cents for a hat and then got to put it on their monkey. They thought it was hilarious & got a lot of practice counting out money!)
There are lots of different things you could incorporate into a lapbook, but those are just a few ideas to get you started!