Looking for a fun groundhog day math for February 2nd? This making ten games is a great way to have fun on Groundhog day while sneaking in some practice adding to ten with kindergarten students! Simply print the groundhog day math activities and you are ready to play and learn!
Groundhog day math
kindergarten kids will love these groundhog themed activity mats! Looking for a fun way to reinforce making ten and counting skills? These puzzle cards will have kids identifying the number and counting on to make ten. The cards are a great way to have the kids practice addition and more, perfect for independent practice and morning tubs.
Groundhog day Printable
- Download the activity cards below
- Print in COLOR or BLACK & WHITE (use card stock or laminate the pages)
- Cut the cards out.
- Store them in a plastic sleeve or file folder.
- Prepare bone mini erasers (optional)
Print two sets of these cards and laminate them for durability. Print any set you wish according to the needs of your group of students. Have them ready with some mini erasers or dot stickers / markers to show their addition work too.
Groundhog day math activities
- Students will be working on their cards in a group. They take one card and complete the equation.
- They then figure out the sum and sort that card under the correct mat (equal to ten or not equal to ten)
- Once they place that card, they will then take another one.
- They continue to sort the cards until they are all done.
- I usually check their work as I go around the class.
- This fun activity can be repeated for practice!
Groundhog day math activities for kindergarten
Use these cards to help kids develop counting on, addition and mathematic skills and strengthen their number knowledge.
Kids need to master their counting and number identification skills as it is a critical component to prepare them for more complex reasoning and mathematic skills.
Introduce the equation cards and show the kids that these cards need to be solved. You could possibly have your kindergarten kids work on easier numbers and the kindergarteners to work on all the other cards. A great way to work on these mats is to create a competition where the kids have to complete all the cards in a group.
This game can also be played as a group, It’ll be even more enjoyable to have the competition game played between groups.
Check out these super cute groundhog day books for kids!
Groundhog Day Activities
- Fun Groundhog Day Math Shape Activity
- Groundhog Day Worksheets – Count to 100 Puzzles
- Color by Sight Words Groundhog Day Worksheets
- Groundhog Day Math – Making Ten Games
- Free Groundhog Day Printables – parts of the groundhog, weather predictions, and so much more! Pre-k, K, 1st graders
- Cute Groundhog Day Coloring Pages
- FREE Groundhog Day Worksheets – informational passage, questions, writing prompts, comparisson, and more 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th grade
Groundhog day math Kindergarten
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!