I love when you can combine fine motor skills with literacy. These Beginning Sound Clip Cards do just that! This free printable will be a hit in your classroom or at home.
FREE Clip Cards Activities
- Alphabet Clip Cards
- Numbers 11-20 Clip Cards
- CVC Words Clip Cards – Beginning Sounds
- Skip Counting Clip Cards
- Animal Home Clip Cards
- Blends Clip Cards
- Coin Value Clip Cards
This is such a fun phonics game to help preschool, prek, and kindergarten age kids practice listening for and identifying beginning sounds in words!
It is recommended that you print these on cardstock and use a laminator prior to use. This will allow you to reuse this printable year after year!
LOW PREP! All you will have to do to prepare is cut the clip cards out. I always find it easiest to use a paper cutter. You will have this center ready to go in no time!
Free Phonics Game
Students will start this activity by choosing a clip card. Students will look at the picture and say it out loud.
They will then need to get a clothespin and place it on the letter that the picture begins with.
Students will simply repeat these steps until all of the clip cards are complete
If you prefer not to use a clothespin, no problem! Choose any manipulative and have students place it on the correct letter.
If you think that your students would be overwhelmed with all 60 puzzle pieces at once, start small. You can give them only one long vowel and short vowel option, instead of three. You can also break it up by having students sort through only short vowels or long vowels. As they master those, you can slowly add in more.
Back to school activities?
- Lego All About Me Worksheets for Kids
- Alphabet Playdough Mats
- Play Dough Alphabet Match-Ups
- School Supplies Sort
- Back to School Sudoku Puzzles
- Learning Activities with Pool Noodles
- Back to School Fractions
Download Beginning Sounds Clip Cards
Before you download your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.