I love when you can combine fine motor skills with literacy. These beginning sounds picture cards do just that! This free printable beginning sound picture cards activity will be a hit in your classroom or at home. Use this beginning sounds activity is perfect for preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade students. Simply print pdf file with beginning sounds printables and you are ready to practice identifying the initials sounds while having FUN!
Beginning sounds picture cards
Help kids practice identifying beginning sounds with these super cute, free printable, beginning sounds picture cards. includes 26 different beginning sound clip cards, covering all letters of the alphabet. Each clip card will have a picture and then four options for students to chose from. These beginning sound cards are such a fun phonics game to help preschool, preschoolers and kindergarteners practice listening for and identifying beginning sounds in words!
Beginning sound picture cards pdf
Beginning sound picture cards
It is recommended that you print these on cardstock and use a laminator prior to use. This will allow you to reuse this printable year after year! LOW PREP! All you will have to do to prepare is cut the clip cards out. I always find it easiest to use a paper cutter. You will have this center ready to go in no time! I love storing centers like these in plastic pencil cases with the clothespins so it is ready to go at all times.
Beginning sounds clip cards
Students will start this activity by choosing a clip card. Students will look at the picture and say it out loud.
Beginning sound clip cards
They will then need to get a clothespin and place it on the letter that the picture begins with. Students will simply repeat these steps until all of the clip cards are complete
Letter sound picture cards
If you prefer not to use a clothespin, no problem! Choose any manipulative and have students place it on the correct letter. If you think that your students would be overwhelmed with all 60 puzzle pieces at once, start small. You can give them only one long vowel and short vowel option, instead of three. You can also break it up by having students sort through only short vowels or long vowels. As they master those, you can slowly add in more.
Beginning sound activities for kindergarten
Looking for more fun and free begining sounds printables? You will love these engaging activities that help kids work on phonemic awareness
- Free Beginning Sounds Animal Clip It Cards
- free printable beginning sounds worksheets
- Stamping Beginning Sounds Activity
- Birds on a Branch Alphabet Matching Game
- Beginning Sounds Mitten Match
- CVC Words Beginning Sounds Clip Cards
- Christmas Tree Beginning Sounds Game
- Super cute, Free Phonics Beginning Sounds Worksheets using Do a Dot Markers
- Build a Flower Beginning Sounds Activity
- Adorable Penguin Beginning Sounds Match
- Phonics Buses Beginning Sounds Match
- Clever Letter Sound Matching Game
- Fun Fish Phonics Activities Kindergarten
- Hands-on Beginning Sound Clip Cards
- Pumpkin Phonics Games for Kindergarten
- Ice Cream Beginning Sounds Activity
- Cute Easter Phonics Puzzles
- Printable Kite Phonics Craft
- Free Beginning Sounds Worksheets (write missing letter and cut and paste)
- Clip Cards for working on Initial Sounds Activities
- Free Beginning Sounds Game with magnetic letters
- Free Beginning Sounds Worksheets For Kindergarten and First Grade
- Alphabet Worksheets – students will work on tracing letters from A to Z with these free printable, black and white printables.
- Writing Number Worksheets – children will practice tracing and writing numbers 1-20 with these blackline pages.
- Word Family Sliders
- Solar System Worksheets – this printable pack not only teaches about the planets, stars, and sun – but help kids learn math and literacy at the same time!
- Slide & Read – this free printable word family activites is a fun way for kids to work on reading readiness
- Start out your day with this kindergarten calendar activity
- Make practicing math FUN with these free printable Math Crafts
- Practice number recogition, letter recognition, and reading sight words with these Color by Code Worksheets
- These Alphabet Printable Hats are hugely popular and perfect for working on phonemic awareness and a letter of the week curriculum in kindergarten classrooms or homeschool.
- Learn vocabulary as you make your own Kindergarten Alphabet Mini Book has a book for each letter from A to Z.
- Alphabet Coloring Pages – adorable black and white sheets that feature ahuge capital letter with images that start with the same beginning sound for kids to color inside – great way for kids to build vocabulary
- Help kids explore the world around them with these fun, hands on kindergarten science ideas!
- Kindergarten Crafts arranged by month of the year!
- Celebrate the letter of the week with these adorable, Free Alphabet Hats
- Make learning fun with these free cut and paste worksheets
- Plus don’t miss this outrageously fun Human Body Project
- We have lots of themed worksheets like these super cute Frozen preschool worksheets
- Color, Read and Learn your letters with this printable alphabet book pdf for each letter A to Z
- Make science FUN for kids of all ages with over 100 Food Experiments to try
- Teach kids to tell time with this huge pack of printable time puzzles
- Shaped Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Free Printable Alphabet Worksheets
- Lots of cute, themed Free Kindergarten Worksheets
- Bingo Dauber Printables
- Printable Lowercase letter alphabet crafts
- Printable Uppercase alphabet Letter Crafts
- Cute Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Letter Recognition Worksheets with do a do markers
- Lots of free ABC Printables for preschoolers
- Free Playdough Mats to work on shapes, numbers, colors, alphabet letters, and more!
- Uppercase Letter Tracing with animal alphabet mats
- Free Color Worksheets
- Simple, free alphabet worksheets
Plus don’t miss our sister site – Kindergarten Worksheets and Games . This site containes all FREE printables and is dedicated soley to Kindergartners!
Beginning sound cards
Before you grb your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.