Sneak in some fun learning games into your school day with these clever educational dice games. This huge list of dice games for kids is perfect for making learning fun for toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, 5th grade, and 6th grade students. The hardest part is figuring out which math game to try first! Use these to celebrate national dice day on December 4.
Educational dice Games
December is not just about Christmas and the holiday season. It is home to a variety of fun national days that make perfect themes for homeschool unit studies such as National Dice Day. We’ve made a huge list of educational dice games to make learning math and other subjects extra fun using a pair of dice. Use these dice games for kids with preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, grade 4, grade 5, and grade 6 students to review a variety of skills from colors to math such as addition, subtraction, division, multiplication, and more!
National Dice Day is celebrated on December 4th. A day celebrating dice is the perfect basis for a homeschool unit study. We love using dice in our homeschool, and these dice games and dice activity ideas will definitely get your creative educational juices flowing!
Dice games for kids
- Venn Diagram Dice Probability from Schooling a Monkey
- Multiplication Dice Game from Schooling a Monkey
- Dice Addition and Subtraction from Gift of Curiosity
- Number Bonds Dice Game from In the Playroom
- Counting Blueberries Dice Game from Apple Green Cottage
- Horse Counting Game from Adventures of Adam
Non-Math Dice Games
I love how these games use dice, but they aren’t all about math. These bloggers are so creative with their ideas!
- Build a Flower Game from Best Toys 4 Toddlers
- Paint by Dice from Cutting Tiny Bites
- Spelling and Counting Game from Easy Peasy and Fun
- Teddy Bear Race Game from Best Toys 4 Toddlers
- Rainbow Dice Game from Rainy Day Mum
- Car Race Dice Game from Mrs. Jones Creation Station
- Learn Colors and Shapes with Dice from Mosswood Connections
Dice Games Books
Use these books for even more ideas on how to learn with dice!
- Exploring Math with Polyhedra Dice
- The Pocket Guide to Dice and Dice Games
- Dice Activities for Math
- Math Games
Dice Games We Love
If you would rather purchase a complete set of dice games all ready-to-go, we love these.
Another fun way to play with dice is to make your own using paper! You don’t have to be limited to the traditional six numbers on your dice. The sky is the limit!
This is such a fun, hands on math game for kindergartners that helps achieve fluency while having FUN!
- Printable Addition Tic Tac Toe Math Game
- Gumball Math – Addition and Subtraction Practice
- Free Christmas Addition worksheets
- Fall Addition Worksheets for Kindergarten
- Sleeping Beauty Color by Addition Math Worksheets
- Hands-on Goldfish Addition Practice
- Crack the Code Worksheet – Addition Practice
- Pot of Gold Addition Practice
- Rubber Duckie Kindergarten Math activity
- Planting Seeds Free Addition Games
- Math Addition Worksheets Mini Book – Adding 0-12
- Deck of Cards Free Addition Worksheets
- Disney Princess Flashcards – Addition
- Free Addition within 10 Games Printable
- Turkey Addition Thanksgiving Math Worksheets
- Apple Addition Coloring Pages
- Free Frog Math – Addition Game for Kids
- St Patricks Day Addition Practice
- Gingerbread Addition Math Game
- Math Mystery Pack – Solve Addition & Subtraction Word Problems
Don’t miss all our free 2nd grade worksheets and our other printable worksheets for prek-12th grade students. We have free printable math worksheets, english worksheets, history for kids, cool science experiments, and even fun activities for kids to go with every season and holiday throughout the year!
Looking for more subtraction worksheets and subtraction games to make learning to subtract fun? Check out these subtraction math ideas and free resources:
- Sandcastle Subtraction Craft
- Fun Addition and Subtraction Math Mystery Printables
- Subtraction within 5 Printable Board Game
- Fluency within 5 Subtraction Games for Kids
- Patriotic Subtraction Mats
- Subtraction Worksheets you turn into a mini book
- FUN Subtraction BINGO
- Thanksgiving Math Worksheets – Cut and Paste Subtraction Turkeys
- Gumball Math – practice adding and subtracting
- Goldfish Kindergarten Subtraction Games
- Build a Snowman Math Activity
- Candy Corn Subtraction Puzzles
- Subtraction Worksheets with a deck of cards
- Toy Story Subtraction Flash Cards Printable
- See even more FREE subtraction games worksheets!