December is not just about Christmas and the holiday season. It is home to a variety of fun national days that make perfect themes for homeschool unit studies. One such day is National Dice Day, celebrated on December 4th. A day celebrating dice is the perfect basis for a homeschool unit study. We love using dice in our homeschool, and these dice games and dice activity ideas will definitely get your creative educational juices flowing!
Educational Dice Games for Kids
- Venn Diagram Dice Probability from Schooling a Monkey
- Multiplication Dice Game from Schooling a Monkey
- Dice Addition and Subtraction from Gift of Curiosity
- Number Bonds Dice Game from In the Playroom
- Counting Blueberries Dice Game from Apple Green Cottage
- Horse Counting Game from Adventures of Adam
Non-Math Dice Games
I love how these games use dice, but they aren’t all about math. These bloggers are so creative with their ideas!
- Build a Flower Game from Best Toys 4 Toddlers
- Paint by Dice from Cutting Tiny Bites
- Spelling and Counting Game from Easy Peasy and Fun
- Teddy Bear Race Game from Best Toys 4 Toddlers
- Rainbow Dice Game from Rainy Day Mum
- Car Race Dice Game from Mrs. Jones Creation Station
- Learn Colors and Shapes with Dice from Mosswood Connections
Dice Games Books
Use these books for even more ideas on how to learn with dice!
- Exploring Math with Polyhedra Dice
- The Pocket Guide to Dice and Dice Games
- Dice Activities for Math
- Math Games
Dice Games We Love
If you would rather purchase a complete set of dice games all ready-to-go, we love these.
Another fun way to play with dice is to make your own using paper! You don’t have to be limited to the traditional six numbers on your dice. The sky is the limit!