Sneak in some fun learning games into your school day with these clever educational dice games. This huge list of dice games for kids is perfect for making learning fun for toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, 5th grade, and 6th grade students. The hardest part is figuring out which math game to try first! Use these to celebrate national dice day on December 4.
Educational dice Games
December is not just about Christmas and the holiday season. It is home to a variety of fun national days that make perfect themes for homeschool unit studies such as National Dice Day. We’ve made a huge list of educational dice games to make learning math and other subjects extra fun using a pair of dice. Use these dice games for kids with preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, grade 4, grade 5, and grade 6 students to review a variety of skills from colors to math such as addition, subtraction, division, multiplication, and more!
National Dice Day is celebrated on December 4th. A day celebrating dice is the perfect basis for a homeschool unit study. We love using dice in our homeschool, and these dice games and dice activity ideas will definitely get your creative educational juices flowing!
Dice games for kids
- Venn Diagram Dice Probability from Schooling a Monkey
- Multiplication Dice Game from Schooling a Monkey
- Dice Addition and Subtraction from Gift of Curiosity
- Number Bonds Dice Game from In the Playroom
- Counting Blueberries Dice Game from Apple Green Cottage
- Horse Counting Game from Adventures of Adam
Non-Math Dice Games
I love how these games use dice, but they aren’t all about math. These bloggers are so creative with their ideas!
- Build a Flower Game from Best Toys 4 Toddlers
- Paint by Dice from Cutting Tiny Bites
- Spelling and Counting Game from Easy Peasy and Fun
- Teddy Bear Race Game from Best Toys 4 Toddlers
- Rainbow Dice Game from Rainy Day Mum
- Car Race Dice Game from Mrs. Jones Creation Station
- Learn Colors and Shapes with Dice from Mosswood Connections
Dice Games Books
Use these books for even more ideas on how to learn with dice!
- Exploring Math with Polyhedra Dice
- The Pocket Guide to Dice and Dice Games
- Dice Activities for Math
- Math Games
Dice Games We Love
If you would rather purchase a complete set of dice games all ready-to-go, we love these.
Another fun way to play with dice is to make your own using paper! You don’t have to be limited to the traditional six numbers on your dice. The sky is the limit!
This is such a fun, hands on math game for kindergartners that helps achieve fluency while having FUN!
- Printable Addition Tic Tac Toe Math Game
- Gumball Math – Addition and Subtraction Practice
- Free Christmas Addition worksheets
- Fall Addition Worksheets for Kindergarten
- Sleeping Beauty Color by Addition Math Worksheets
- Hands-on Goldfish Addition Practice
- Crack the Code Worksheet – Addition Practice
- Pot of Gold Addition Practice
- Rubber Duckie Kindergarten Math activity
- Planting Seeds Free Addition Games
- Math Addition Worksheets Mini Book – Adding 0-12
- Deck of Cards Free Addition Worksheets
- Disney Princess Flashcards – Addition
- Free Addition within 10 Games Printable
- Turkey Addition Thanksgiving Math Worksheets
- Apple Addition Coloring Pages
- Free Frog Math – Addition Game for Kids
- St Patricks Day Addition Practice
- Gingerbread Addition Math Game
- Math Mystery Pack – Solve Addition & Subtraction Word Problems
Don’t miss all our free 2nd grade worksheets and our other printable worksheets for prek-12th grade students. We have free printable math worksheets, english worksheets, history for kids, cool science experiments, and even fun activities for kids to go with every season and holiday throughout the year!
Looking for more subtraction worksheets and subtraction games to make learning to subtract fun? Check out these subtraction math ideas and free resources:
- Sandcastle Subtraction Craft
- Fun Addition and Subtraction Math Mystery Printables
- Subtraction within 5 Printable Board Game
- Fluency within 5 Subtraction Games for Kids
- Patriotic Subtraction Mats
- Subtraction Worksheets you turn into a mini book
- FUN Subtraction BINGO
- Thanksgiving Math Worksheets – Cut and Paste Subtraction Turkeys
- Gumball Math – practice adding and subtracting
- Goldfish Kindergarten Subtraction Games
- Build a Snowman Math Activity
- Candy Corn Subtraction Puzzles
- Subtraction Worksheets with a deck of cards
- Toy Story Subtraction Flash Cards Printable
- See even more FREE subtraction games worksheets!
We love celebrating fun holidays and fun days throughout the year! We have lots more special days throughout the year with activities to inspire you to create memories with your kids:
- Did you know there is a national Dice Day on December 4th? Try these dice games for kids
- Try these candy cane activities for National Candy Cane Day on December 26th
- After Christmas comes Three Kings Day for Kids on January 6th
- Celebrate Penguin Day on January 20th with these penguin crafts and activities
- Fun crafts and activities to celebrate Chinese New Year for Kids
- Carnival Crafts and Activities for National Carnival Day February 26
- These moon activities for kids will take you out of this world for National Moon Day on July 20th
- National Honey Bee Day is August 17th, celebrate with these bee activities for kids
- Learn about author Roald Dahl on September 13th with these roald dahl craft ideas
- Enjoy National Chocolate Day in Octoboer with these chocolate activities
- Become a super hero on Batman Day this September 15th with batman crafts and activities
- August 3rd is Watermelon Day, celebrate with these watermelon activities
- Sweeten your next July 15th with these gummy worm games for Gummy Worm Day
- Happy Birthday Donald Duck! Join in on the celebration this June 9th with these Donald Duck Day activities
- Head down to Seasame Street for these sesame street crafts for Sesame Street Day on November 10th
- Eat up on October 4th and celebrate Taco Day with these taco crafts
- Kids will love celebrating the largest living land mammal with these elephant activities to celebrate World Elephant Day on August 12th
- Mark your calendar for one of two donut days on June 7th and try these fun donut activities
- Celebrate Eric Carle’s birthday March 2nd with these hungry caterpillar crafts
- We celebrate Dr. Seuss day on his birthday on March 2nd with these fun dr seuss activities
- The 2nd week of mark is Bubble week! Join in on the fun with these bubble activities
- Let’s hear it for National Popcorn Day on January 19th with these poporn crafts
- Stay in your pjs for the Festival of Sleep Day on January 3rd and try one of these pajama day activities
- Grab some candy and try one of these activities for National Candy Day on November 4th.
- Make one of these mad hatter hat ideas to celebrate Mad Hatter Day on Octoboer 6th
- Show your patriotism by celebrating Flag Day on June 14th with one of these flag day activities
- Kids will go nuts over these jelly bean crafts for National Jelly Bean Day on April 22nd.
- Teach kids about our amazing planet on Earth Day this April 22nd with these Earth Day crafts
- Learn about frogs on Save the Frogs Day this April 30th with these frog activities
- May the 4th be with you on Star Wars Day! Try one of these star wars crafts today
- Celebrate Dental Health Month in February with these clever dental crafts