Make learning fun during the holiday season in December with this super cute Christmas Present word mat. Simply print the free Christmas printables and the letter tiles and preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade students will have fun making cvc words to practice reading during the holidays.
Christmas Sight Words Mats
Learning sight words does not have to be boring or monotonous. There are many lists of sight words that can be used including Dolche and Fry. Putting these words into games is a great way to encourage children to learn sight words, in an engaging way. Most kids will feel like they are playing, because of the element of fun, when they are really learning.
This set has everything you need to play, except for a sight word list. Pick the sight words or CVC words you want to practice and let’s get going.
Print each of the pages. The first three pages are the sight word mats. The second two pages have alphabet tiles.
I cut each of the alphabet tiles out individually and laminate them. Laminating is optional, but will keep the life of the activity for much longer (if your kids are like mine!).
I like to laminate the sight word mats too. This way when it comes to writing the word, you can use a dry erase marker.
Once all of the pieces are laminated, choose the word that you would like your child to work on first. I have also cut slips of paper, each with a sight word on it and put it in a bowl. My daughter picks a word out and continues with that word. That adds an element of mystery to the activity.
Have your child choose the letter tiles that spell out the word and place them in the corresponding squares on the sight word mat.
Once the letters are in the correct order, you can ask your child to write the word on the lines on the bottom of the sight word mat. This can be done with a dry erase marker, like I said above, or with something more exciting like play dough.
I have included three different sight word mats. This can help keep the excitement up as well as provide a different version for multiple children.
- Christmas Tree Letter Find – Free Christmas Worksheets
- Printable Christmas Phonics Puzzles
- Grinch Printables Phonics Puzzles
- Christmas Alphabet Worksheets
- Ornament Christmas Letter Tracing
- Confetti Christmas Alphabet Tracing
- Stocking Christmas Printables for practicing trace upper and lowercase letters
- Create-a-Word Christmas Spelling Activity
- Christmas Writing Prompts for Kids
- Free Printable Christmas Stationary to get kids writing in December
- Christmas Elf Creative Writing
- Free Christmas Rhyming Worksheets
- Christmas CVC Words Clip Cards
- Rhyming Gingerbread Activity
- Christmas Present Sight Word Mats
- Paint and Spell – Christmas Spelling Activities
- Christmas Phonics Decorate the Word Family Trees
- Color the Christmas Tree – Christmas Sight word Worksheets
- Gingerbread Sight Word Coloring Sheets
- Christmas Sight Word Worksheets – stringing lights
- Candy Cane Christmas Sight Word Worksheets
- Santa Sleigh Christmas Printables
- Christmas Color by Sight Words
- Printable Christmas Sight Word Games
Christmas Present Sight Word Mats
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!
Leave a Reply