There is so much to the Christmas holiday season, way more than presents. That being said, presents are a super fun and important part of this wonderful season. I have enjoyed giving and receiving many presents over the years and absolutely LOVE surprising my daughter with all of her presents on Christmas Eve and Christmas. That is the inspiration behind this fun Christmas Present Sight Word Mat Activity.
hristmas Activities for Families
- Rudolph Races
- Paper Strip Christmas Ornament
- Fluffy Christmas Slime
- 13 Christmas Science Experiments for Kids
- Christmas Coloring Sheets
- Free Christmas Tracing Sheets
- Marbleized Crayon Christmas Ornaments
- Christmas Playdough mats
- Free Christmas Around the World eBook
- Snowman Keepsake Ornament
- Best Gingerbread Cookies Recipes
- No Stick Gingerbread Slime
- Printable Polar Express Worksheets
Christmas Present Sight Word Mats
Learning sight words does not have to be boring or monotonous. There are many lists of sight words that can be used including Dolche and Fry. Putting these words into games is a great way to encourage children to learn sight words, in an engaging way. Most kids will feel like they are playing, because of the element of fun, when they are really learning.
This set has everything you need to play, except for a sight word list. Pick the sight words or CVC words you want to practice and let’s get going.
Print each of the pages. The first three pages are the sight word mats. The second two pages have alphabet tiles.
I cut each of the alphabet tiles out individually and laminate them. Laminating is optional, but will keep the life of the activity for much longer (if your kids are like mine!).
I like to laminate the sight word mats too. This way when it comes to writing the word, you can use a dry erase marker.
Once all of the pieces are laminated, choose the word that you would like your child to work on first. I have also cut slips of paper, each with a sight word on it and put it in a bowl. My daughter picks a word out and continues with that word. That adds an element of mystery to the activity.
Have your child choose the letter tiles that spell out the word and place them in the corresponding squares on the sight word mat.
Once the letters are in the correct order, you can ask your child to write the word on the lines on the bottom of the sight word mat. This can be done with a dry erase marker, like I said above, or with something more exciting like play dough.
I have included three different sight word mats. This can help keep the excitement up as well as provide a different version for multiple children.
You can see all our kindergarten worksheets and kindergarten activites with 300,000 different ideas to make learning FUN! Or sneak in some seasonal kids activities to make the most of these precious early years!
If your kindergartner has other siblings you will want to check out our preschool worksheets, 1st grade worksheets, or alphabet worksheets. Or you can find all our worksheets for kids arranged by age and subject (math, english, social studies, science, music, and more!)
Download Christmas Present Sight Word Mats
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!