Come explore the 5 senses for kids with this fun, engaginge five senses for kids lesson plan. with us as part of our 5 senses unit. We explore some great books, videos, learned about the sense of touch for kindergarten by making and edible skin layers project, hands-on sense of sight activities, dissecting a cow eye experiment and so much more. This is a five senses for kindergarten, preschool, pre-K, first grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd graders is a great way to learn about the sense of sight, sounds, taste, touch, and smell.
5 Senses for Kids
Kids of all ages will have fun learning about the five senses for kids with this clever unit filled with lots of . There are so many 5 Senses activities to help kids understand hearing, smelling, seeing, touching, and tasting. From an edible eyes senses activity to disecting a ow eye, ear drum experiment to books and videos on how your ears work – this unit is filled with engaging ways for kids of all ages to learn about how they perceive the world around them. This are so many fun books, clever projects, edible science and more with these ideas for teaching 5 senses to preschoolers, toddlers, kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, and grade 3 students.
Five senses for kids
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love all these fun ideas to introduce children to their five senses. We have not only clever 5 senses activities for at home, in the classroom, or your homeschool coop – but we also have free 5 senses worksheets and 5 senses printables book to help guide young learners too.
? Sense of Hearing
First we used sense of hearing activities to learn about how we hear with our ears. We used these 5 senses activities for preschoolers and elementary age students to learn more:
- Cup & String Telephone – You’ve probably seen this done in old classic movies, but what you may not know is it actually works. Keep the string taut and you’ll be amazed to hear the sound waves travel across the string.
- Otoscope – Let kids get a look at the inside of a human ear using an otoscope.
- Ear Drum Activity – Kids will be amazed to see how a loud noise near the model ear will make the ear drum vibrate. (see the ear drum experiment)
? Sense of sight activities
Sense of sight activities for preschool
? Sense of Touch for Kindergarten
- Edible Skin – layer of mini marshmallows, followed by red jello, and fruit roll-up with holes for pores with licorice hair sticking through the pores.
- Touch Bags – We put a variety of item sin brown bags for the kids to touch and try to determine what they were: pine cones, slime, feather, sugar, etc.
- I can feel by touching – The kids traced their hand and glued on items alongside the words they wrote – sensation the skin can feel: bumpy (pasta), smooth (foil), hard (bean), rough (sand paper), and soft (cotton)
Sense of touch activities for preschool
Edible skin layers project
? Sense of smell activities
? Sense of Taste Activities
Human Body Activities
- Grab this free printable 5 senses preschool printables to explore the senses of sight, taste, sound, smell, and touch
- Human Body human body playdough mats – lots of choices to learn about various systems of the body including simple for preschoolers, skeletal system, organs, muscles, nerves, and more!
- Teach kids about human cells for kids with hands on activities, free printable reader, human cell worksheets, and more!
- Human Body Printables makes a printable book that teaches students all about their heart, brain, muscles, cells, skin, bones, lungs, stomach, intestines, and bladder
- 4 EPIC Skeletal System Project ideas for kids – using things like pasta, life saver gummies, lego, and more you can learn about the human body in a fun memorable way
- Parts of the Brain for Kids Activity with Playdough Brain Model & Free Brain Worksheets for Kids
- Lungs for Kids Working Model and lesson plan
- Human Heart for Kids: 2 Fun Heart Models plus Worksheets
- Blood for Kids – Actiivty to learn about the Human Body
- Free Skeletal System Worksheets for Kids – everything you need to teach kids about their bodies!
- Kids will love learning about the ear with this model of ear for school project
- Amazing 5 Senses for kids lesson to explore with hands on activities, videos, books, and more!
- Try this Jelly Bean sense of taste activities for preschool experiment.
- Kids will be amazed by these eye science experiments
- Huge pack of 5 Senses Worksheets to explore the senses and sneak in some math and literacy activities too
- EPIC, Life-size Human Body Project
- See all of our hands-on ideas to make learning about the human body for kids FUN and more creative printable science experiments for all ages
Science for Kids
Looking for lots more fun, science experiments for kids? You’ve GOT to try some of these outrageously fun science experiments for kids! We have so many fun, creative and easy science experiments for elementary age children:
- 100 Amazing Food science experiments – arranged by type of science
- Colorful Capillary action experiment (also known as walking water)
- Amaze kids with these 12 Hands on battery experiments
- 24 Epic Solar system science projects to try this week
- Fun Water balloon experiment that explores density
- Easy Candy Water Displacement Experiment
- 50 Fun Preschool science experiments the whole family will want to try
- Easy Rubber Band Car
- Paint Stick Solar System Project Ideas
- Simple Bernoille Ping Pong Ball experiment
- Fun-to-Make Lego Balloon Car Project
- Popsicle Stick Catapult STEM Project for Kids
- EPIC Exploding Snowman Science Experiment for Winter
- Melting Christmas Science Experiments
- Simple Galaxy science project
- Easy and Fun Dancing Raisins
- Learn about weather as you find how to make a weather vane
- Eye opening Eye science experiments
- Easy-to- make Air pressure experiments
- Stunning Chromatography Flowers are so pretty you’ll forget it was as science project!
- How to Make a Lava Lamp – super easy and SO cool!
- 30 Simple machines for kids projects you will want to try
- Easy, fascinating, and colorful project answering why do leaves change color for kids
- Free Printable Animal Classifications for Kids Cootie Catchers
- Amazing POP rocks experiment is one of our all-time favorite science experiments we like to do during the summer are
- 19 Edible science experiments – which delicious project will you try first?
- HUGE Free Solar System for Kindergarten (coloring pages, hands on science projects, worksheets, and more!)
- Pipe Cleaner Constellation Activity (As seen on Good Housekeeping!)
- Teach kids about conductivity with this fun electricity experiment projects
- Amazing, Heat Sensitive, Color Changing Slime
- Life Cycles for Kids (from penguin to sunflower and spider to turkey we have LOTS of life cycles to explore and learn about)
- EASY, Colorful Oil and Water Experiment Worksheets
- 4 Fun Skeletal System Project Ideas
- Kids will be amazed as you change colors of white flowers with this food coloring flower experiment worksheet
- This super cool Lego Zipline is fun and simple to make
- EPIC Life-size Human Body Project w/ free printables!
- Check out this super cool look INSIDE a Volcano Experiment for Kids
- Exploding Watermelon – science experiment that explores potential and kinetic energy with a big WOW moment!
- Lego Electricity Science Experiments
- Marshmallow Shooters STEM Activity
- Find LOTS more EASY Printable Science Experiments for kids of all ages!