Do your kids like the winter?
I think a big part of that is that we do really fun kids activities that are unique to the winter season. Sure we can't go to the park to fly a kite or swimming at the pool, but there are lots of fun things we can only do in winter!
Our favorite winter activities include (but are not limited to) sledding, building a snowman, painting in the snow, making historic snow candy, lots of hot cocoa, and most of all - Snow Ice Cream!
Snow Ice Cream RecipeIf you are ready to give this favorite winter activities for kids a try, here is how to make snow ice cream with our favorite two recipes. Now you may be wishing for fresh snow just as much as your kids do!
Here is what you need to make your delicious snow ice cream:
- large bowl of fresh snow (you need fresh snow to avoid any animal droppings or other air pollutants)
- 1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 teas vanilla
Now mix all the ingredients together.
If you have wet packing snow it will appear like consistency of ice cream you are use to. If you have powdery snow (not good for making snowmen) than it will look like it does above – loose, but equally delicious!
Here you have it. A serving of delicious vanilla snow ice cream – YUM! A large bowl will make about 8 servings.
Chocolate Snow Ice Cream RecipeIf you are looking to try a different kind of snow ice cream here is my families favorite recipe – chocolate snow ice cream!
You will still add the can of sweetened condensed milk and 1 teas of vanilla to a large bowl of clean snow like I showed you above. But in addition you will add 1/3 cup Cocoa. Stir.
Our chocolate snow ice cream is so delicious it rivals Breyers in my book! No kidding!
Less creamy, but the flavor is amazing.
More Winter Activities for Kids
- Creative Ways to Build a Snowman (with pictures)
- How to Make Snow Candy (historical winter activity for homeschoolers) (2 easy recipes)
- S is for Snowman Unit with lots of snowman crafts and activities
- Shaving Cream Snow Sensory Activity
- FREE Snowman Preschool Pack (Winter Worksheets for Kids 3-8 Years old)
- Winter Coloring Sheets
- Winter Creative Writing Prompts
- 100 Winter Crafts and Kids Activities
- Best Ever Tomato Soup
- FREE January Family Meal Plan (4 weeks of menus, recipes, and weekly printable grocery list)