Whether you are new to homeschooling or have been at it several years, I think we’ll all admit we don’t have all the answers. Sure you can just wade on through your homeschool experience, but wouldn’t you like to feel a little prepared. Ready with a variety of experience, methods, and knowledge to draw on.
So because we homeschool moms are busy – really busy. Here is a short list of 12 must read books for Homeschooling Moms. You’ll notice there are books from a variety of homeschooling styles and that’s very intentional. How do you know if you are using the best approach for you as a teacher and your kid unless you learn about the variety of methods.
Personally, reading from so many different sources has allowed me to be a very well-rounded homeschooling Mom. I am ecclectic in my approach and that gives me an advantage when something doesn’t work just right – I just dive into another approach.
So get ready to be the homeschool Mom you’re meant to. Informed. Equipped. Ready to face new challenges.
This is a must read (and probably own) for Homeschooling Moms ready to tackle the daunting task of picking homeschool curriculum.
So what other MUST READ would you add to my list?I’m always on the lookout for more great books to read to help enrich our homeschool. Please leave me a comment below!
- Read a little more about why we home school here.
- Homeschooling 101 (the ultimate guide to starting to home school)
- Our School Room (just in case you wanted to be a fly on the wall)
- Our Workboxes (home school organizational system that works for us)
- Our Homeschool Plan
- 300+ FREE Homeschool Printables by Subject
- FREE Homeschool Report Cards (Preschool – 6th grade)
- Homeschooling Forms (to help you get organized!)