Be Our Guest Restaurant is the newest dining location in the Magic Kingdom’s new Fantasyland. This restaurant has quickly become a favorite of our family – probably why we ate here three times during our last Disney World family vacation!
You can eat here as a quick service lunch or a sit down table service for dinner – the food is amazing and atmosphere is incredible no matter when you eat here!
Be Our Guest Restaurant ThemingBe Our Guest Restaurant is a masterpiece of theming. From the moment you step inside you will be amazed at how the setting from Beauty and the Beast comes alive in the gourmet restaurant – Be Our Guest.
Once it is your time to enter you will go the the corridor where you will hear the armory whispering in French, very cool. While you wait in line you will be able to see the menu with picture of the food choices. After you make your dining selection on the touch screen monitor you will get to see the rest of this beautiful restaurant.
The Rose Gallery Dining Room
There are three dining rooms – you can choose to eat in any of them you find space in. I think my favorite is this room – the Rose Gallery. For some reason it is the least crowded. While it does not have the instant appeal of the other rooms, it is quiet, has good lighting, a lovely (working) music box of Beauty and Beast in the center, and very comfortable royal chairs.
The Elegant Ballroom Dining Room
The elegant ballroom is beautiful. The domed ceiling, elegant chairs, beautiful chandelier, and painting on the ceiling are all stunning. Look out the window – you will see gentle falling snow. The downside to this room is that with the high ceilings it is the noisiest of all the rooms by far. It is also the only way to get to the other 2 dining room so it gets a lot of foot traffic. Still, a beautiful room to enjoy your meal.
The Mysterious West Wing Dining RoomThe most dramatic and the most popular place to eat is the mysterious West Wing. This area is smaller than the other two and with it’s popularity, if you hope to eat here you will need to be at the restaurant when it opens or have a small group and just be “living right” that day.
The room is very neat filled with Disney’s unique storytelling charm. You can see ways the Beast has torn apart the room and the portrait on the wall will change to the image of the Beast after the last petal falls during the ensuing “storm” about every 10 minutes.
One of the rooms features is the rose. It will actually drop it’s petals during your meal. The rooms is a neat place to eat. The drawbacks are it is crowded and receives a lot of people who just come in to see it and take pictures. It is also very dark with frequent “storms” – so if you have a child that frightens easily, this is not the dining room for you.
As you exit don’t miss the great photo opportunity by the beautiful stained glass window.
Be Amazing at Be Our Guest Restaurant
In a first for any Disney restaurant, as you wait you will be able to see a menu with pictures of what all your food choices look like. And trust me you’ll need the time – Be Our Guest has the best food choices! You will then be able to order your own food on a touch screen that has pictures of the food your ordering. What a wonderful idea and so helpful!
Then you go sit down anywhere you want in the three dining rooms. Your Magic Band (or rose pager if you don’t have a magic band) will magically tell the wait staff where to find you. Your gourmet meal will be elegantly served very quickly.
This makes Be Our Guest the best restaurant for families. You don’t need to juggle a tray filled with food across a crowded dining room, hoping you don’t spill it! Just get your drink, sit down, and let the magic of Disney bring your amazing meal to you!
Be Our Guest Restaurant Has the BEST MenuBe Our Guest offers guest not only exquisitely tasting food, but a varied menu and fantastic presentation.
Pick from the Braised Pork (Coq Au Vin style) for a dinner type entree or one of their generously sized delicious sandwiches like our favorites the Carved Turkey or Carved Prime Chuck Roast Beef Sandwich.
The kids meals are one of the selling points to me. Instead of the boring menu kids are offered elsewhere of mac and cheese and hamburgers, here the menu is more varied. Picky eaters can still order pasta while more adventurous children can eat Mahi Mahi, a carved turkey sandwich, slow cooked pork, or Mickey Meatloaf. Even the kids meal are served beautifully arranged.
Some of the most beautiful and delicious quick service desserts at any of the parks are here at Be Our Guest Restaurant. You can pick form Lemon Meringue Cupcake, Triple Chocolate Cupcake, the Strawberry Cream Cheese Cupcake or The Master's Cupcake. I would highly recommend the Lemon Meringue, Triple Chocolate or Strawberry cupcake, depending on your personal preferences. The Master’s Cupcake features the “gray stuff” but I didn’t find it to be anything that special.
HINT: Disney is no longer serving children desert as part of the dining plan. As of our visit, the way around this is to have kids order an adult meal. Counter Service meals are not separated by child/adult in the computer and you can order all adult meals as long as you are at or under your total number of counter service meals.
Tips for dining at Be Our Guest Restaurant
- Lunch is a quick service credit, but will give you the same atmosphere and an amazing menu. With no advance reservations needed, it is a great choice!
- Dinner is a sit down table service dining credit. The atmosphere is the same, the menu is a little different (see here for current menu) but you will have a hard time getting reservations! You will however get the chance to meet the Beast and use a rose napkin!
- This restaurant is very crowded, for good reason. If you are planning on having lunch here I highly suggest getting in line shortly after 10am. The restaurant opens at 10:30am – this will give you the shortest wait and allow your choice of seating.
Disney takes care of it’s guests. Disney has a limited number of umbrellas to offer guests standing in the hot sun or rain while they wait. We even saw them bring out lemonade to guests waiting outside in the hot sun.
- If you are here when they open, cooks & waiters come out and do a mini welcome show. It is only visible to people from the front of the bridge up to the door.
- The restrooms in the restaurant are small. So instead of hitting the bathrooms right before you leave, leave first. and then head around the corner to Gaston’s Tavern where there are large restrooms – plus it goes along with your Beauty and the Beast theming!
- Be Our Guest is one of the very few that offers self serve soda machines. The reason that is a good thing is because you can get free refills!
Have you eaten at Be Our Guest Yet?
More Disney World Planning Advice
- FREE printable Disney Packing List
- Everything You Need to Know about Disney Magic Bands
- When to take your kids to Disney World
- 8 BEST Snack Credits at Disney World
- FREE Stroller Labels
- 10 Creative Ways to Countdown to a Disney vacation