As much as I love winter, these long and cold days have me dreaming of spring. So we created this adorable easter basket craft in preparation for warmer days! We re-used a plastic container (fruit cup, bottom of plastic bottle) to make a chick, flowers, and bunny construction paper easter basket. This easter craft for preschoolers is a fun spring project for toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd grade students.
Easter basket craft
This cute easter basket craft ideas are perfect for a spring craft or Easter craft for kids. Plus you will love that they are made using recycled materials. Try this construction paper easter basket with toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, and grade 3 students. We made our easy easter bunny and easter chick craft with recycled water bottles. We made the flower pot with a recycled fruit cup. We enjoy using recycled materials in crafts, especially during Spring as we talk about Earth Day. So pick your favorite easter craft for preschoolers and we are ready to get crafting during April!
Construction paper easter basket
All you need to make this cute spring baset craft are a few simple materials you probably already have on hand at home.
- clean recycled clear water bottle or fruit cup
- paper shreds or Easter grass (we used yellow, white, and green)
- construction paper
- black permanent marker
- For optional handle: pipe cleaner and hot glue
Easter craft for preschoolers
We found paper shreds at the dollar store. They are often available in paper and metallic shreds. You may also be able to find Easter grass in the seasonal sections of most stores, or you can even use left over colored tinsel.
Note: If using water bottles, an adult will need to cut off the bottom of the bottle to the desired size. I do this by poking a hole in the side with scissors, sliding one side in, and cutting all the way around.
Here are directions for each craft. To make them into a basket, simply hot glue a pipe cleaner to each side.
Paper Bunny Craft
This super cute white bunny craft is super easy to make. Simply:
- Cut out two big white ears, and two smaller pink ears from construction paper.
- Glue the pink shapes onto the white shapes.
- Glue the ears onto the inside of the plastic bottle.
- Glue on the pom pom nose and eyes onto the outside.
- Draw whiskers and a mouth.
- Fill with white paper shreds.
Easy Easter Bunny
Isn’t that long eared rabbit super cute! I love how happy and cheerful with bunny craft for kids is. You can add a handle or leave him as a fun rabbit craft for sping!
Easter chick craft
- Cut out an orange diamond and fold in half to make a triangle.
- Glue one side of the triangle onto the bottle to make a beak.
- Glue on the googly eyes and feathers.
- Fill with yellow paper shreds.
- Cut out green stems, flower shapes, and flower centers from construction paper.
- Glue the shapes together to make flowers.
- Glue flowers onto the inside of the bottle.
- Fill with green paper shreds.
Flower craft for preschoolers
These would make great mini baskets for treats. They would be fun to make for a Spring party or Easter celebration too!
Easy easter crafts with construction paper
How cute are those easter craft ideas! Will you make the bunny craft, chick craft, or flower craft – or perhaps you will come up with your own spin on the project?
Easter Arts and Crafts
- Water Resist Easter Egg Craft
- Easter Egg Wreath Printable Easter Crafts
- Easter Egg Craft Ideas for Kids
- Mason Jar Preschool Bunny Craft
- Stained Glass Craft for Kids
- Easter Cross Craft at Sunrise
- Super cute Religious Easter Crafts
- Must try, Edible Peeps Playdough
- Bunny Paper Bag Puppet Craft Idea
- Recycled Easter Basket craft for preschoolers
- 20 Jelly Bean Crafts and Activities
- Lots of Cute Easter Bunny Crafts for Kids
- Ink Pad Spring Craft for Preschoolers
- Make a family Easter Resurection Garden
- Plus check out all these clever Plastic Easter Egg Activities
- 100 Easter craft ideas for kids
Free Easter Printables
These fun activities use our free easter printables to save you on prep work!
- Neighborhood Printable Easter Scavenger Hunt
- Super cute Easter Color by Number Hat Craft
- Free Printable Bunny Ears Template to print in color or black and white
- Free Printable Easter Bingo
- Easter Printables Egg Color Corting
- Simple Easter Printable Color Matching
- Counting Eggs Easter Playdough Mats
- Free Printable Easter Mazes
- Jelly Bean Gospel Printable
- Visual Discrimination Egg Activities for Preschoolers
- Easter Printables Tracing and Coloring Pages
- Easter Color by Number Worksheets or try these Easter Color by Number Pages
- Bunny Letter Matching Easter Worksheet Preschool
- Count and Trace Jelly Bean Eggs Easter Activities for Preschoolers
- Alphabet Mats Easter Printables
- Learn Color Words with this Easter Printables Reader
- Free Jelly Bean Counting Worksheet
- Count and Clip Easter Math Activities for Preschoolers
- Preschool Math Puzzle Easter Printables
- Easter Sight words Activity
Make learning fun by adding one of these engaging easter activity ideas to your Easter Theme
- Homophone Puzzles Easter Worksheets for 1st Grade
- Parts of Speach Easter Worksheets
- Planting Carrot CVC Word Activity
- Word Family Easter Worksheets or Word Family Easter Activity
- Alphabet Easter Memory Game
- Color by Letter Easter Worksheets
- Phonics Easter Egg Printables
- Practice pattersn with this super cute Easter Activities for Preschoolers
- Alphabet Easter Matching Game
- Letter Tracing Free Easter Printables
- Word Families Activity with Easter Worksheets
- Easter Math Challenge
- Count and Clip Easter Math Activity
- Create-a-Word Spelling Easter Worksheets
- Easter Math Egg Fractions
- Count to 20 Easter Math Activities
- Easter Color by Number Hundreds Chart
- Sight Word Easter Worksheets
- Alphabet Easter Egg Hunt
Easter Science Experiments
- Easy Floating Egg Experiment
- Amazing Egg in a Bottle Science Experiment
- Fun Egg Drop Project
- Beautiful Chromatography Flowers made with science!
- EASY Egg geode experiment for kids of all ages!
- Amazing Food Coloring Flower Experiment Worksheet where you can turn a flower into two seperate colors!
- Have you tried making butter experiment
- Colorful Jelly Bean Experiment exploring difusion and color matching with a simple activity for kids
- You’ve got to try this simple Color Changing Slime
- Simply Rainbow Density Experiment for springtime
- How Big is a Raindrop – try this raindrop experiment to find out!
- MUST try Beautiful capillary action experiment
- How to Make a Weather Vane the EASY way