As much as I love winter, these long and cold days have me dreaming of spring. So we created this adorable Simple Mini Basket Craft in preparation for warmer days! We made a little chick, flowers, and a bunny – and all these cute spring things are made from recyclable materials!!
These cute crafts are not only perfect for spring or Easter, but as Earth Day Crafts since they are made using all recycled materials.
We made our bunny, and chick with recycled water bottles. We made the flower pot with a recycled fruit cup. We enjoy using recycled materials in crafts, especially during Spring as we talk about Earth Day.
Add a handle and it becomes a mini basket – perfect for a mini Easter Basket!
Simple Mini Basket Craft
Supplies and set-up:
- clean recycled clear water bottle or fruit cup
- paper shreds or Easter grass (we used yellow, white, and green)
- construction paper
- black permanent marker
- For optional handle: pipe cleaner and hot glue
We found paper shreds at the dollar store. They are often available in paper and metallic shreds. You may also be able to find Easter grass in the seasonal sections of most stores, or you can even use left over colored tinsel.
Note: If using water bottles, an adult will need to cut off the bottom of the bottle to the desired size. I do this by poking a hole in the side with scissors, sliding one side in, and cutting all the way around.
Here are directions for each craft. To make them into a basket, simply hot glue a pipe cleaner to each side.
Bunny Craft for Kids
- Cut out two big white ears, and two smaller pink ears from construction paper.
- Glue the pink shapes onto the white shapes.
- Glue the ears onto the inside of the plastic bottle.
- Glue on the pom pom nose and eyes onto the outside.
- Draw whiskers and a mouth.
- Fill with white paper shreds.
Chick Craft for Kids
- Cut out an orange diamond and fold in half to make a triangle.
- Glue one side of the triangle onto the bottle to make a beak.
- Glue on the googly eyes and feathers.
- Fill with yellow paper shreds.
Flower Craft for Kids
- Cut out green stems, flower shapes, and flower centers from construction paper.
- Glue the shapes together to make flowers.
- Glue flowers onto the inside of the bottle.
- Fill with green paper shreds.
These would make great mini baskets for treats. They would be fun to make for a Spring party or Easter celebration too!