Sun Shadow Art
- Large sheets of paper
- An object to form the shadow
- A sunny day
First thing in the morning
When the paint is dry discuss your painting. How did the length of the shadows change? Why? How did their position change? Why would those changes happen?
Shadow Extension Activities
- Use a protractor to measure the angle change between each shadow.
- Repeat at different times of year, and compare the results.
- Use your data and your latitude to calculate the speed of the rotation of the earth.
Science Activities for Kids
- Crystals – How to Grow Crystals K-6th
- Hatching ButterfliesK-6th
- Plant Lifecycle Notebook K-6th
- Scientific Method: Which Park is the Best K-3rd
- Solar System Coloring Pages
- Squishy Circuits (PreK-6th)
- Zoo Scavenger Hunts – 17 different hunts for kids Toddler – 6th Grade
Leave a Reply