Help students learn about the scientific method for kids with our free scientific method poster and our scientific method printable for kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, 5th grade, and 6th grade students. Simply print the free printable scientific method worksheet to learn how scientists approach data.
Scientific Method for Kids
The scientific method is an approach to creating a hypothesis and then testing. This is a simple method that can help adults or children with this process. It is made up of 6 simple steps that will help anyone walk through the scientific process from having a question to coming to a scientific conclusion based on a concrete method and supporting data that can be reproduced. This scientific method for kids printable set is perfect for kids. We included a colorful poster that states all of the steps as well as a worksheet that children can use to work through the steps with their own experiment.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love these handy science printables to make learning science fun for kids from kindergartners to grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, grade 4, grade 5, and grade 6 students.
Free printable scientific method worksheet
Scientific method 3rd grade
The poster is perfect for hanging on a wall of the classroom or having children put it in their notebooks. This is a great guide and reference while they are exploring the world of science. The poster shows all of the steps:
- Ask A Question: What is the core of the experiment going to be? What question do you have?
- Form A Hypothesis: What do you think will happen? What is your prediction?
- Experiment: Take your hypothesis and question to reality.
- Record Data: Write down all of the details. What ingredients used and in what order, what tools were used, what the reaction was, etc.
- Analyze Data: Read through the information that you collected.
- Conclusion: Record the conclusion.
Scientific method worksheet 2nd grade
Obviously, experiments can be done without writing down or going through each of the steps, but teaching students to complete the scientific process properly takes your science experiments at home to another level. This scientific method helps children really dive into what they are exploring. You can pour vinegar and baking soda together to see a reaction all day, but when you add the scientific method and really analyze it – they are learning even more! They will be able to share their findings, accurately repeat the project, and share their findings.
Scientific method worksheet 5th grade
The worksheet is fantastic for recording everything. We included pictures that correlate to the poster, but after they have memorized the scientific method, it can help remind them of the steps.
Don’t let the scientific method overwhelm you. It is not as complicated as it may seem and children will love it!
Science Projects for kids
Looking for more epic simple science experiments to help kids learn and explore the world around them? Try these educational activities for students:
- Take this experiment a step farther and create these Beautiful Chromatography Flowers
- Why do Leaves Change Colors – a fascinating chromatography project for kids
- Exploding Watermelon Science
- Air Pressure Science Project
- Homemade Butter Science Project
- Ear Anatomy Science Project
- Amazing, Color Changing Slime
- Water Balloon Density Science Experiment
- EASY Lava Lamp Science Experiment
- Walking Water Science Experiment
Scientific method 2nd grade
Before you grab your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.