Make learning the books of the Bible fun with this hands-on activity that uses pool noodles! This books of the Bible game helps kids practice sorting the old testament and new testment Books of the Bible in order. Use this books of the Bible activity with first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, and 4th graders. This is fun for at home, sunday school, homeschool coop, and more!
Books of the Bible Games
This simple pool noodle activity is perfect for learning the Books of the Bible (or your alphabet letters). For our books of the Bible game we made the Old Testament Books of the Bible on one color of pool noodles and the New Testament slices on another color so the pieces were easy to sort and seperate. This books of the Bible activity was such a fun, engaging way for kids to learn the books of the Bible in order! Use this Bible game with grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, and grade 4 students.
Learn the Books of the Bible
All you need are a few simple materials to make this Books of the Bible Game. Here is what you need:
- 3/4” PVC pipe (to make the stand & tower – ours was 48” tall)
- Joists (depending on the size you want
- Pool Noodles (1 if doing ABC, 2 if doing Old & New Testament Books)
After you’ve made your stand you are going to need to cut your pool noodle – first all the way up the back, then into 1-2” slices.
Note: The reason we cut it all the way up the back is so that if kids miss a letter or book of the Bible you can easily stick it in there.
Books of the Bible Activities
On each pool noodle wedge write a letter or book of the Bible.
If using for alphabet letters this activity is best suited for Preschool & Kindergarten age kids. In that case you may want to make it shorter as they won’t be tall enough to put the pieces over the top. Of for a no-prep activity print on of our free Alphabet Printables.
If using to learn the Books of the Bible, the activity is best suited for 1st-3rd Grade students. In that case making it 48” tall is perfect for the height of the kids and the number of books you need to fit in.
Learn the Books of the Bible
Here are several fun activities we’ve used to help the kids learn the books of the Bible. They are well suited to most kids in elementary school. You may also like or Books of the Bible Snack, Books of the Bible bulletin board, and books of the Bible bookmark.
- Pool Noodle Books of the Bible Games for Kids
- Hopscotch Books of the Bible Games
- 66 Books of the Bible Game for Kids
- Cup Books of the Bile Games
- Leaves Books of the Bible Games
- Learning the books of the bible with Lego
- Discs Books of the Bible Games
- Army of Spoons Books of the Bible Games
- Free Bible Bookcase Printable
Bible Printables for Kids
- Free printable books of the bible bookmarks templates
- Printable Bible Verses (verse cards for kids and families)
- Free Printable Sermon Notes for Kids (works with any sermon)
- Creation BINGO Printable Game
- Printable Jelly Bean Gospel for Kids
- Creation Crafts for Kids
- Free Printable Scripture Cards pdf
- Bible Verse Copywork
- Cain and Abel Craft
- Sin Entered the World Sin Craft for Kids
- Beatitudes Sunday school lesson
- Jesus Feeds the 5000 Craft
- Lost Sheep Craft
- See all our many Free Sunday School Lessons