These super cute and fun-to-make pipe cleaner glasses craft would be fun for toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd grade children as silly all about me craft, eyes craft, or as part of a Nehemiah Sunday School Craft. Don’t worry, it is really easy! Let us show you how to make glasses out of pipe cleaners with step-by-step pictures and easy to understand directions.
Pipe Cleaner Glasses
This simple craft would be fun for Preschoolers, Kindergarteners, grade 1, or grade 2 students. It’s fun and easy to make. Kids will love this fun pipe cleaner glasses project. Don’t worry, this glasses craft is super simple to make; let me show you how to make pipe cleaner glasses.
Nehemiah Sunday School Lesson
If you are using this as a Sunday School craft along with Nehemiah 1-2, you might want to tell the kids “Just like Nehemiah inspected the walls for repair, you need to inspect areas of your life that need God’s repair. Help them think of areas they can inspect.” We used it as part of our Sunday School Lessons where Nehemiah inspects the wall. It is simple to make and only uses a couple pipe cleaners per kid.
How to make glasses out of pipe cleaners
It is so simple to make glasses out of pipe cleaners. Let me show you how with just a few simple supplies:
- 2 craft sticks (also known as pipe cleaners or chenille sticks) – any colors
We choose to use yellow for the spectacles and blue for the side pieces of the glasses. First, fold your first pipe cleaner in half.
how to make pipe cleaner glasses
Now on one half of the folded chenille stick leave a small gap and then make a circle, twisting the end around the circle to hold in place.
Pipe cleaner glasses craft
Repeat with the other side of the remaining half leaving a small gab next to the gab created by the other side. This will be the middle part of the glasses that fits over the nose.
How to make glasses with pipe cleaners
Now, carefully use scissors to cut the second pipe cleaner in half. The easiest way is to fold the pipe cleaner in half first so you make sure you have it evenly divided into 2 equal parts.
With one of the halves twist the end several times around the yellow circle. Fold back other end of blue pipe cleaner so it can sit on your ear.
Repeat with the other side. Now you have your glasses.
Here you go – the glasses fit my 1st grader perfectly.
Pipe cleaners crafts
Looking for more fun pipe cleaners craft ideas for children of all ages? Try these:
- Pipe Cleaner Constellation Activity
- This Grass Craft is another fun glasses craft you can make as a pipe cleaners crafts
- Easy Button Craft for Kids using pipe cleaners
- Alphabet Gingerbread Activity
- Make a bubble wand out of pipe cleaners to use with homemade bubble solution
- Four Friends Helped Bible Craft
- Mothers Day Poem Craft with pipe cleaners
- Flower Pipe Cleaner Crafts
- Practice math with a DIY Rainbow Abacus
- Thermometer Craft for Kids
- Easy Icicles Winter Craft
- Spider Counting Activity
- 100 Pipe Cleaner Crafts from A to Z
Learn the Books of the Bible
Here are several fun activities we’ve used to help the kids learn the books of the Bible. They are well suited to most kids in elementary school. You may also like or Books of the Bible Snack or the Books of the Bible bulletin board.
- Books of the Bible bookmark
- Pool Noodle Books of the Bible Games for Kids
- 66 Books of the Bible Game for Kids
- Cup Books of the Bile Games
- Leaves Books of the Bible Games
- Learning the books of the bible with Lego
- Discs Books of the Bible Games
- Army of Spoons Books of the Bible Games
- Free Bible Bookcase Printable
Bible Printables for Kids
- Free printable books of the bible bookmarks templates
- Printable Bible Verses (verse cards for kids and families)
- Free Printable Sermon Notes for Kids (works with any sermon)
- Creation BINGO Printable Game
- Lampstand Zechariah the Prophet Craft
- Printable Jelly Bean Gospel for Kids
- Lesson from Nahum
- Prophet Ezekiel Craft
- Daniel and the Lions Den Craft
- Shadrach meshach and abednego craft
- Nehemiah Inspects the Wall Pipe Cleaner Glasses Craft
- Old Testament good and bad kings of the bible
- Joseph Coat of Many Color Craft
- Moses and the Red Sea Craft
- Jesus Ascension Craft
- Four Friends Bible Story
- See all our many Free Sunday School Lessons