These super cute and free printable Nursery Rhymes Worksheets are a fun way for toddler, preschool, pre k, kindergarten, and first grade students learn classic nursery rhymes while having fun.
Nursery Rhyme Worksheets
You probably grew up with your mom telling you, reading to you, or singing you nursery rhymes. Have you ever stopped to wonder why? Rhyming stories help us develop an ear for language. Rhymes highlight the sounds and syllables in words – important skills for learning to read! Phonemic skills developed from nursery rhymes have been scientifically shown to significantly improve reading, spelling and other literacy skills! Not sure where to start? These nursery rhyme worksheets are a quick and easy way to incorporate fun, educational nursery rhymes into your day.
We’ve included three steps to these nursery rhyme printables depending on the ages of your child.
- 11 Printable Nursery Rhymes – each page contains a cute picture and the rhyme so you will be ready to start reading and enjoying nursery rhymes with your 2 and 3 years olds (toddlers) immediately.
- Nursery Rhyme Worksheets for preschool, pre k, kindergarten and grade 1 students to practice some early literacy skills, math skills, and more while still engaging with and working with the rhyming stories.
- Nursery Rhyme Lapbook – you will love this super cute printable lapbook that allows your child to play along with the nursery rhymes as you tell them! This is so clever!
So do I think Toddlers (2-3 years olds) need school?! NO! But I do think sometimes as parents we get busy and have lots of good intentions that never happen. I am doing this Nursery Rhyme Tot Series to be INTENTIONAL about playing with my own tot! The Nursery Rhyme Lapbook and Nursery Rhyme Worksheets will help you to have some playful learning time with your toddler and preschooler.
Free nursery rhymes sequencing printables
Nursery Rhymes worksheets for preschoolers
Print off the printable nursery rhyme stories to read with your child. We’ve included the most popular nursery rhymes to get you started:
- Hey Diddle Diddle – Hey diddle diddle, the cow and the fiddle, the cow jumped over the moon. The little dog laughed to see such sport, and the dish ran away with the spoon.
- Humpty Dumpty – Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall, humpty dumpty had a great fall. All the kings horses and all the kings men, couldn’t put Humpty together again
- Pat a Cake – Pat a cake, Pat a cake, bakers man. Build me a cake as fast as you can. Pat it and prick it and mark it with a B, put it in the oven for baby and me.
- Mary had a Little Lamb– Mary had a little lamb, its fleece was white as snow. And everywhere that Mary went the lamb was sure to go. It followed her to school one day, that was against the rule. It made the children laugh and play to see a lamb at school.
- Baa Baa Black Sheep – Baa Baa black sheep have you any wool? Yes sir, yes sir three bags full. One for the master, one for the dame, and one for the little boy who lives down the lane.
- This Little Piggy – This little piggy went to marker. This little piggy stayed home. This little piggy had roast beef and this little piggy had none. This little piggy went wee-wee-wee all the way home.
- Hickory Dickory Dock– Hickory Dickory Dock, the mouse ran up the clock. The clock struck one, and down he run, Hickory Dickory Dock.
- Three Blind Mice – Three blind mice, three blind mice. See how they run, see how they run. They all ran after the farmer’s wife, who cut off their tales with a carving knife. Did you ever see such a thing in your life as three blind mice.
- Jack and Jill – Jack and Jill ran up the hill to fetch a pale of water. Jack fell down and broke his crown and Jill came tumbling after.
- Little Miss Muffet – Little miss muffet, sat on a tuffet, eating her curds and whey. Along came a spider, who sat down beside her, and frightened miss muffet away.
- Twinkle Twinkle Little Star – Twinkle twinkle little star, how I wonder what you are. Up above the world so high, like a diamond in the sky. Twinkle twinkle little star, how I wonder what you are.
HINT: Have preschoolers and kindergartens use a dauber marker to find and dot all of a certain letter in the printable. Or stick the pages in a page protector or laminate them to have children circle the letters with a dry erase marker and wipe clean to do over and over again.
Nursery rhymes worksheets for kindergarten
There are worksheets to go along with each nursery rhyme in the pack. These are great for 4-6 year old children who want to participate too. There are activities to reinforce: making letters, shadow match, counting, which one is different, shapes, telling type, colors, math, follow directions, rhyming, and more.
I am so excited about this toddler lapbook! It is an interactive, reusable, and FUN way to play with your tots! Kids can play with the Nursery Rhymes again and again reinforcing concepts such as colors, counting 1-12, shapes, sequence, and more.
Here are some close-up examples of what you will find in the lapbook. There are lots things to move & interact with! Take a look below:
Nursery Rhyme Activities
Looking for some fun rhyming activiies featuring classic nursery rhymes? You will love these clever activities, nursery rhyme games, and nursery rhyme printables:
- 4 and 20 blackbirds baked in a pie craft and activity for kids
- Free Nursery Rhymes Worksheets
- Printable little bo peep activities for preschool
- 20 counting nursery rhymes activities
- Roses are red poems for kids rhyming activity
- 5 Little Snowman Rhyming Activity
- Name recognition twinkle twinkle little star activities
- Farmer and the Delly Rhyming Activity
- Hickory dickory dock game
- Five little monkeys printables coutning book
- Hey Diddle Diddle Activities with free printable game
Nursery rhymes worksheets pdf
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!