Kids will have fun celebrating National Popcorn Day on January 19th with these fun popcorn crafts, popcorn books, national popcorn day activities, and more! These are great for kids from toddler, preschool, pre-k to elementary age students in kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd grade kids.
National Popcorn Day
January 19th is National Popcorn Day. At our house, we’re big popcorn lovers. We love eating it, popping it, experimenting with it, and just having fun with the snack. Take your Popcorn day celebrations to a whole new level with these national popcorn day activities, crafts, and ideas. Your kids will love learning about all the things popcorn can do. Popcorn is so much more than just a fun afternoon or movie snack. Popcorn has an incredible history and there are so many fun things you can do with the kernels, both popped and un-popped.
National Popcorn Day Activities
Use these fun popcorn crafts and popcorn activities for kids to create a whole popcorn-themed unit study that you can use to celebrate Popcorn day activities, or just for fun any time you want to celebrate your love of the delicious snack.
Popcorn Day Activities
You can use these fun ideas during school on Popcorn Day.
- Play the Hop on Pop popcorn sight word game from ObSeussed.
- Use these fun mats with popcorn from Simple Fun for Kids.
- Explore popcorn science from KC Adventures.
- Explore the five senses with popcorn from I Heart Crafty Things.
- Try this popcorn steam activity from Our Family Code to learn about heat transfer
These popcorn craft are as adorable as they are fun to make!
- Try painting popcorn from Mess for Less.
- Make popcorn trees from Craftulate.
- Popcorn hyacinths from I Heart Arts and Crafts.
- Make a popcorn rainbow from Kids Activities Blog
Delicious Popcorn Recipes
No unit study is complete without an edible element!
- This Frozen-inspired popcorn looks delicious from Simple Fun for Kids.
- Make your own caramel for caramel popcorn from Schooling a Monkey.
- Experiment with making popcorn on the cob from Tinker Lab.
- Make strawberry popcorn with this recipe from Kids Activities Blog.
- Letter Reversal Popcorn Printables
- Practice sight words with these cute popcorn worksheets
- Alphabetize letters A to Z with this fun popcorn printables activity
- Popcorn themed b and d worksheets
- Count to 10 with this cute Popcorn Activity
- LOTS of fun Popcorn Crafts and Activities for National Popcorn Day January 19th
Popcorn Books for Kids
We love these books about popcorn.
- The Popcorn Book
- Pockets Full of Popcorn
- The Popcorn Shop
- 100 Pounds of Popcorn
- Popcorn (A Frank Asch Bear Book)
First Grade Printables
If you have a 1st grader and you are looking for more fun, hands on grade 1 worksheets, games and activities to make learning fun – you will love these resources!
- Over 5000+ pages of 1st grade Worksheets
- 100 Books 1st Graders can Read Themselves with free 1st grade reading books pdf
- Chapter Books for 1st Graders
- 1st Grade Book Report Template
- Free Cut and Paste Worksheets
- Solar System Worksheets Pack
- Printable Sight Words List
- First Grade Word Search Printable
- Free printable 1st grade math worksheets
- Gumball Math Worksheets to practice addition & subtraction
- Life-size Human Body Project with free printable template
- 1st Grade Reading Games – Reading the Easy Way 1st Grade
- Fun, hands-on Counting Coins Games
- Over 500 pages of Kindergarten Writing Prompts Free
- Sentence Scramble Worksheets
- Princess Color by Sight Word Worksheets
- Time Puzzles make learning to use a clock FUN
- HUGE Ocean Animals for Kids Unit
- Discover 16 Countries for Kids
- Crack the Code Worksheets for practicing math while having fun
- Learn about Animal Classifications for Kids with these free printable cootie catchers
- Fun, hands-on History Lessons for kids
- Lots of 1st Grade Science Projects
- Over 1+ million pages of Free Printable Worksheets
We love celebrating fun holidays and fun days throughout the year! We have lots more special days throughout the year with activities to inspire you to create memories with your kids:
- Did you know there is a national Dice Day on December 4th? Try these dice games for kids
- Try these candy cane activities for National Candy Cane Day on December 26th
- After Christmas comes Three Kings Day for Kids on January 6th
- Celebrate Penguin Day on January 20th with these penguin crafts and activities
- Fun crafts and activities to celebrate Chinese New Year for Kids
- Carnival Crafts and Activities for National Carnival Day February 26
- These moon activities for kids will take you out of this world for National Moon Day on July 20th
- National Honey Bee Day is August 17th, celebrate with these bee activities for kids
- Learn about author Roald Dahl on September 13th with these roald dahl craft ideas
- Enjoy National Chocolate Day in Octoboer with these chocolate activities
- Become a super hero on Batman Day this September 15th with batman crafts and activities
- August 3rd is Watermelon Day, celebrate with these watermelon activities
- Sweeten your next July 15th with these gummy worm games for Gummy Worm Day
- Happy Birthday Donald Duck! Join in on the celebration this June 9th with these Donald Duck Day activities
- Head down to Seasame Street for these sesame street crafts for Sesame Street Day on November 10th
- Eat up on October 4th and celebrate Taco Day with these taco crafts
- Kids will love celebrating the largest living land mammal with these elephant activities to celebrate World Elephant Day on August 12th
- Mark your calendar for one of two donut days on June 7th and try these fun donut activities
- Celebrate Eric Carle’s birthday March 2nd with these hungry caterpillar crafts
- We celebrate Dr. Seuss day on his birthday on March 2nd with these fun dr seuss activities
- The 2nd week of mark is Bubble week! Join in on the fun with these bubble activities
- Let’s hear it for National Popcorn Day on January 19th with these poporn crafts
- Stay in your pjs for the Festival of Sleep Day on January 3rd and try one of these pajama day activities
- Grab some candy and try one of these activities for National Candy Day on November 4th.
- Make one of these mad hatter hat ideas to celebrate Mad Hatter Day on Octoboer 6th
- Show your patriotism by celebrating Flag Day on June 14th with one of these flag day activities
- Kids will go nuts over these jelly bean crafts for National Jelly Bean Day on April 22nd.
- Teach kids about our amazing planet on Earth Day this April 22nd with these Earth Day crafts
- Learn about frogs on Save the Frogs Day this April 30th with these frog activities
- May the 4th be with you on Star Wars Day! Try one of these star wars crafts today
- Celebrate Dental Health Month in February with these clever dental crafts
- 20 FUN peanut butter crafts to Celebrate National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day on April 2nd