Kids will have fun celebratingNational Popcorn Day on January 19th with these fun popcorn crafts, popcorn activities, popcorn books, and more! These are great for kids from toddler, preschool to school age kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd grade kids.
January 19th is National Popcorn Day.
At our house, we’re big popcorn lovers. We love eating it, popping it, experimenting with it, and just having fun with the snack.
Take your Popcorn day celebrations to a whole new level with these activity ideas. Your kids will love learning about all the things popcorn can do. Popcorn is so much more than just a fun afternoon or movie snack. Popcorn has an incredible history and there are so many fun things you can do with the kernals, both popped and unpopped.
National Popcorn Day Crafts for Kids
Use these fun popcorn crafts and popcorn activities for kids to create a whole popcorn-themed unit study that you can use to celebrate National Popcorn day, or just for fun any time you want to celebrate your love of the delicious snack.
These popcorn crafts are as adorable as they are fun to make!
- Try painting popcorn from Mess for Less.
- Make popcorn trees from Craftulate.
- Popcorn hyacinths from I Heart Arts and Crafts.
- Make a popcorn rainbow from Kids Activities Blog
Educational Popcorn Activities
You can use these fun ideas during school on Popcorn Day.
- Play the Hop on Pop popcorn sight word game from ObSeussed.
- Use these fun mats with popcorn from Simple Fun for Kids.
- Explore popcorn science from KC Adventures.
- Explore the five senses with popcorn from I Heart Crafty Things.
Delicious Popcorn Recipes
No unit study is complete without an edible element!
- This Frozen-inspired popcorn looks delicious from Simple Fun for Kids.
- Make your own caramel for caramel popcorn from Schooling a Monkey.
- Experiment with making popcorn on the cob from Tinker Lab.
- Make strawberry popcorn with this recipe from Kids Activities Blog.
Favorite Popcorn Books
We love these books about popcorn.